ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

gateway ta6 laptop

<< < (4/14) > >>

holt:
I see what you mean about USB and HD backup. While I was away from the laptop the outer plastic monitor sheet fell out again, so I put it to one side. What I mean is, there is a second outer clear layer of plastic to view through, and the adhesive -which is in the form of a 1/8" strip around the perimeter- has degenerated into black sticky goo, and the clear outer plastic sheet keeps falling out onto the keyboard. So I left it out. The actual glass of the monitor which is underneath/inside seems to be fine without it.

holt:
I keep touching the touchpad accidentally with the base of my thumb and everytime I do that the cursor jumps halfway across the screen and it beeps at me, so then I have to grab the external mouse and put the cursor back where I'm typing. I tried blocking the pad with a post-it note and an index card but it didn't block it.

tomos:
I keep touching the touchpad accidentally with the base of my thumb and everytime I do that the cursor jumps halfway across the screen and it beeps at me, so then I have to grab the external mouse and put the cursor back where I'm typing. I tried blocking the pad with a post-it note and an index card but it didn't block it.
-holt (December 27, 2015, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

have a look at the mouse/trackpad settings, they can sometime be 'desensitised'

Shades:
If push comes to shove...you could remove its driver and disable the device in the Windows Device Manager. That means though that you will not be able to use the trackpad at all. Be sure to carry a working computer mouse with you the whole time when you decide to go drastic like this.

holt:
Can't find any way to adjust sensitivity, but thanks it was worth a look. Rather cover the touch pad somehow than drastic uninstall of drivers; cursor 'jumped' half a screen three or four times just typing this. How would one block it physically? It 'senses' right through a post-it and index card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version