ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Game developer laments gaming industry marketing/psychological warfare

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
This is kind of relevant:

Propaganda Games: Sesame Credit - The True Danger of Gamification

tomos:
^ that sounds incredibly heavy :-/

Renegade:

-Deozaan (December 16, 2015, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, that took "dystopian" way the hell beyond Brave New World in extremely disturbing ways.

TaoPhoenix:

-Deozaan (December 16, 2015, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

One of the better vids I've seen Deo, and we're doing our own version, but like a different cultural version with "pseudo neutral media" in the middle.

(Countless X things from YouTube vids, articles, and whatever) "If you enjoyed this, please Like this on Facebook and ReTweet and share share share!"

So the Govt is a couple of steps more indirect in our version. Think about it. There's this giant hole int he middle. "Right. So you got more Facebook Likes. So what do you plan to DO with those?! Don't tell me that's just to make your ego feel better. So how much is your going rate you're selling your base to advertisers for?"

So for the "types of jobs you can hold", anyone with more brain cells than fingers on one hand can figure out who I am, but at least an HR rep who typed my name into Google won't get all 5,000 of my board posts without actually spending some work, at which point the point is there.

And yeah, those blunt force "tools" that are so 70's / 80's bad tv plots, are passe mostly. These little increment steps are hard to see and then they don't go away because there's nothing shocking to rally against.

"If you enjoyed this, retweet it

Renegade:
I read 2 articles on Sesame Credit. I'm linking them here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34592186

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2015/10/in-china-your-credit-score-is-now-affected-by-your-political-opinions-and-your-friends-political-opinions/

Here are 2 sentences. 1 from each article. You guess which is which:

Perhaps it is good for all citizens to learn quickly about the concept of a "social credit" score, while it is still partly voluntary.
--- End quote ---

I wonder what it’ll really take to make such people realize that the 1984 point of surveillance has long come and gone.
--- End quote ---

It's almost like the BBC works overtime to make sure that <insert rant here />.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version