topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using the "Quick Add Note" hotkey  (Read 5868 times)

superticker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Superticker's SU reviews about technology
    • Donate to Member
Using the "Quick Add Note" hotkey
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:04 AM »
I press the Ctrl+Alt+A hotkey to start a Quick Add Note.  I finish my note, but how do I now get this note to appear on the clipboard or as a new clip in Clipboard Help+Spell?  Am I suppose to press and certain key combination to send this new note into the CHS database?

BTW, my video card is setup for 120 DPI, so some of the dialog box for the note is cut off.  Is that normal?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:06 AM by superticker »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using the "Quick Add Note" hotkey
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 12:08 AM »
the quick note adding is not implemented yet.
however you can add new notes by click the "add new note" button in the main window and it will appear instantly.  i have to implement the quick add soon.

many of my programs suffer from poort options display at 120dpi, it's normal and i'm still looking for the best solution.

superticker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Superticker's SU reviews about technology
    • Donate to Member
Truncated dialog-box fonts when rendering w/120 DPI display
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 09:03 AM »
Many of my programs suffer from poor options display at 120dpi, it's normal and I'm still looking for the best solution.
Many of the fields in the dialog boxes are crowded.  If you simply spread the fields out more, that should fix 90% of it.  Unfortunately, the widgets in the display manager don't render with "relative" positioning as they typically would in an interpretive page-description language such as postscript.  I'm not sure how relative positioning can be reliably implemented "easily" if the underlying primitives don't support it.

In this case, the graphic primitives are not sensitive to varying font sizes when the DPI changes.  You would have to tell the display manager to (in effect) scale down the font sizes as the DPI is raised in a high-level layer when this should really be done automatically by the display manager (in a lower-level layer).  This is a gripe you should take to Microsoft.  Perhaps they can introduce a new widget data type that scales better between fonts and graphic objects.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:08 AM by superticker »

Dr-Leech

• Joined in 2006
  • Psychedelic Coder
    • View Profile
    • site
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using the "Quick Add Note" hotkey
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 06:04 PM »
oh yea, Jesse, you neeeed to add this quick note feature, since I'm started to use CHP as my code snippet library it's essential  :)

thanks for this big thing..