ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 50.0 stable release

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
43.0.2 has not yet been localized, so around "here", 43.0.1 is still the newest

-Curt (December 24, 2015, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

From what I could see they only changed the signing certificate thing in the last 2 updates. I think it's a developer only concern for MS signing protocol or something.  I don't think there are even any bug fixes.  Probably why it is only a .0.x update.  Firefox is becoming chrome anyway.  It will be like Opera and Thunderbird for me.  Keep using the good old 12 versions for as long as possible for them and pre-44 for FF.  I don't have an ISP anymore so I don't use TB now.  But if I get an ISP I'll probably use TB 12.x.

jadinolf:
NOW 43.0.3 is available.

Curt:
Supposedly this is the last FF that will let you opt out of signed AddOn enforcement by using the about:config setting xpinstall.signatures.required
-MilesAhead (December 14, 2015, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Watch out for this one though, if I recall, this is the one it stops being a warning and "auto -blocks" unsigned add-ons so I dunno what that means for various people. I certainly haven't examined my addons in detail ... -TaoPhoenix (December 14, 2015, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
NOW 43.0.3 is available.-jadinolf (December 29, 2015, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

it went well; all my addons are still working (because of xpinstall.signatures.required=false) in 43.0.3

dr_andus:
it went well; all my addons are still working (because of xpinstall.signatures.required=false) in 43.0.3
-Curt (December 29, 2015, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone knows how long will that trick work? What are we talking about? Weeks or months?

I really hope there continues to be a workaround, as it can cripple some of my software that depend on FF add-ons for good.

I'm already annoyed that my favourite calculator add-on has been abandoned...  :(

xtabber:
-Curt (December 29, 2015, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone knows how long will that trick work? What are we talking about? Weeks or months?
-dr_andus (December 29, 2015, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to Mozilla, beginning with Firefox 44, there will be NO workaround to allow unsigned extensions in the Release versions.  Developer and Nightlies will continue to allow overrides to allow devs to test their work without having to wait for approval each time.

This applies only to Firefox itself.  Other Gecko based browsers (SeaMonkey, Palemoon, etc...) are free to make their own choices, but not all FF extensions work with those browsers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version