ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

PIM-related Mini-Reviews ("also-ran").

<< < (5/7) > >>

wraith808:
I know you meant system but Pimlical and attractive in the same sentence?  :o

:D
-rgdot (November 01, 2016, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

You've got to open your eyes and heart to its inner beauty  :-*

“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”
― Kahlil Gibran
--- End quote ---
-dr_andus (November 01, 2016, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

That might be true in theory... but you still turn the light out when it's time to get the deed done!  ;D

dr_andus:
Sure, you can turn down the screen brightness...  ;) But then you might miss the fact that Pimlical can sync all the custom colours of Google Calendar events! How many other calendar apps can do that?

cyberdiva:
I know you meant system but Pimlical and attractive in the same sentence?  :o

:D
-rgdot (November 01, 2016, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I did mean the system, but I also meant Pimlical Android.  I would never describe the calendar in the Pimlical Desktop as attractive, but I would describe the calendar in the Pimlical Android app that way: flexible and attractive.  :up:

jenter:
Hi everyone,

CintaNotes author here. Big thanks to IainB for an honest, unbiased review of our product.
While many points are valid, (and we are working on improving them, I'll get back to this below),
I can't agree that CN now gets only bells and whistles added on - as an example, I believe that the recent addition of autotagging rules has taken the app to a new level. This kind of advanced automation is rarely seen in note-taking applications.

Now about other points:
- "10 days trial too short" - Agreed, we plan to start packing a 10-day trial BY DEFAULT, with ability to
extend it by 30 more days upon request.
- "Too hobbled free version" - As new PRO features are added, we gradually make older PRO features free. Example: external links, pasting notes into other apps on Ctrl+Enter. Soon we plan to make Simplenote syncing free.
- "Not flexible tagging and autotagging" - Would be interesting to hear what functionality is missing
- "Can't handle images well" - Yes, that's true. You can attach images as files and view/edit them in external programs, that's about it. Soon you'll also be able to place links to attached files into text.  But CN is more about text handling, definitely.
- "Plain text only" - Not exactly, CN supports some simple text formatting.
- "Sync with Simplenote is plain text only" - also with simple formatting.
- "Can't justify price" - note that this is not a subscription price. You actually can use the license indefinitely long after buying, if you are ok with staying on a certain version. Also, the price point was picked after several attempts. We believe the current one is optimal to keep the project going.
- "Stagnant blog" - This is true, as a 1.5-man shop we have to choose either to blog or to develop. But we are working in this direction too. Many news appear only in newsletter. Recently we have published a video on how to use rules, for example.

All in all, I just think that CN is simply not what you expected it to be. This is ok.
Thanks again for taking the time to try out CN and to write the review!

wraith808:
Thanks for the time to respond, Alex!  In all of my dealings with you, you've been a class act, and that response was yet another example of it.  I don't currently use CintaNotes- it didn't meet my needs over time.  But your attitude and professionalism are the reason that I keep my eye on it to see if it ever will become a tool that fits my workflow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version