ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

PIM-related Mini-Reviews ("also-ran").

<< < (4/7) > >>

sazzen:
I am a PIM addict. I use many, each for a specific purpose. Well . . . mostly that.  :)  Cinta Notes is one of my little family. The freebie version is used on my XP machine and the newer PRO version — for which I paid  $15.00 — resides on my Win7 computer. I've yet to discover the differences between the two, but I don't spend a lot of time with either of them. The information I store in Cinta Notes consists of how-tos and where-ats that are computer and/or application related, things I don't seem to remember because I don't use them often, such as: How to convert a GPT disk to MBR, what to do when Softmaker loses its registration and starts telling me the trial period is ending. It is very good for these simple quick lookups.

TreepadX Enterprise is the mother of all information managers. I use it for novel writing references.

I use MaplePro for storing personal information, but not anything so personal it has to be encrypted. It's just pretty. :) I can't resist pretty.

RightNote is the latest addition to the ménage and comprehensive is a good word to describe it.

Nothing has ever outdone KeyNote.  IMHO.

IainB:
Nothing has ever outdone KeyNote.  IMHO.
-sazzen (October 31, 2016, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just out of interest, are you referring to the original KeyNote (Tranglos) or KeyNote-NF (https://github.com/dpradov/keynote-nf)?

cyberdiva:
What I use every day is still my Palm T3, and Pimlical is interesting precisely because it can work with Palm.
-rjbull (December 22, 2015, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Respect! (from a fellow ex-Palm T|X user). While I haven't tried it (these days I'm a Google Calendar user), there is also Pimlical Android, which is supposed to be the Android replacement for the legendary Palm calendar app, Datebk6.
-dr_andus (December 22, 2015, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
I too was a Palm user up through my beloved TX.  I finally moved several years ago to a Nexus 7 Android tablet, and I tried out a number of calendar/memo/contacts programs before selecting Pimlical.  I chose Pimlical because 1) it would easily import all my calendar/memo/contact info from DateBk 6 on the TX, and 2) it would give me a flexible, attractive system that would let me completely avoid Google Calendar (though many people choose Pimlical because it can work with Google Calendar).  I now have Pimlical Desktop on my computer and Pimlical Android on my tablet and my smartphone.  Syncing between them is easy.  There's also a very active and helpful forum (even though it's on Yahoo Groups), plus very active development by CESD, the guy who created the Datebk series for Palm.  I'm very pleased with Pimlical.  It has a formidable array of features and options, but/and I find that those are the sorts of programs I wind up loving.   :up:

rgdot:
I know you meant system but Pimlical and attractive in the same sentence?  :o

:D

dr_andus:
I know you meant system but Pimlical and attractive in the same sentence?  :o

:D
-rgdot (November 01, 2016, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

You've got to open your eyes and heart to its inner beauty  :-*

“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”
― Kahlil Gibran
--- End quote ---