ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

PIM-related Mini-Reviews ("also-ran").

<< < (2/7) > >>

dr_andus:
I prefer to avoid the cloud, and don't really need "everywhere availability" anyway.  I like the ability to sync between Windows and Android locally.
-rjbull (December 21, 2015, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're still looking, Pimlical can do that.

rjbull:
If you're still looking, Pimlical can do that.
-dr_andus (December 21, 2015, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I have EPIM now - but I only use it for some things, mainly as an electronic planning calendar.  I haven't committed to it completely, partly because I have a tablet I'm not usually going to carry about with me, not a smartphone.  What I use every day is still my Palm T3, and Pimlical is interesting precisely because it can work with Palm.  Thanks for the reminder.

tomos:
I am currently using eM Client (again, not for mail), which seems to have no problem staying in sync with Google.  -xtabber (December 19, 2015, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
In another thread, app103 was very pleased with eM Client's calendar.  Softmaker have abandoned development, saying they would roll their enhancements into Thunderbird.  Does Tbird include any sort of calendar?
--- End quote ---

Softmaker installs Thunderbird with the 'Lightning' addon. Haven't used it myself so cant comment beyond that.

dr_andus:
What I use every day is still my Palm T3, and Pimlical is interesting precisely because it can work with Palm.
-rjbull (December 22, 2015, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Respect! (from a fellow ex-Palm T|X user). While I haven't tried it (these days I'm a Google Calendar user), there is also Pimlical Android, which is supposed to be the Android replacement for the legendary Palm calendar app, Datebk6.

xtabber:
I am currently using eM Client (again, not for mail), which seems to have no problem staying in sync with Google.  -xtabber (December 19, 2015, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
In another thread, app103 was very pleased with eM Client's calendar.  Softmaker have abandoned development, saying they would roll their enhancements into Thunderbird.  Does Tbird include any sort of calendar?  eM Client itself now seems orphaned.  It might be nice if Softmaker split out the calendar as a separate entity.
--- End quote ---

Softmaker may have at one time included eM Client with their suite, but eM Client is a separate software company and the product is quite actively developed and supported.  I use the free version which only supports 2 accounts, but since I don't use it for email, that doesn't matter to me.

I use SeaMonkey for email - it's Thunderbird without the bloat, and much faster. SeaMonkey's browser is also faster than Firefox 43.0.1, which loads very slowly, although it is reasonably fast if you keep it in memory.  Lightning works with SeaMonkey, but unfortunately, the Google connector does not seem to work properly with Lightning on SeaMonkey - it doesn't retain login credentials across sessions, which makes it nearly useless.  Also, the SeaMonkey/Thunderbird address book is really only good for email and Lightning does not include an address book.  Thus eM Client.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version