topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!  (Read 8284 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Well, Discord is aimed to be for gamers, but when it comes to the platform, there is no real way to play anything fun through it...well...that's what I thought!

Bored one night, I was googling around for Discord Bots to add to my server to give me something to do.  After a while I stumbled upon a random one  called PokéWorld.  Now, at first, I thought it was going to be something stupid like "just type a command, get a random pokemon, and go about your day"...but I was wrong...so very very wrong!

Curious..I added the bot to my server, and located the command to start it...at which point I was met with

1.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Hmm...this is interesting...not quite what I expected!...So, l let's get on with it...I wonder where I can choose?

2.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Holy crap...OK...I don't really know what any of these contain, so...I picked a random one!

So...clicking through some more stuff...I finally got to this:

3.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Nice...so I have things!  Oh, and I also got my starter Pokémon too!

4.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Now, I guess it's time to see what the hell I can do!

5.pngPokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!

Hmm, ok, so, I can travel around the areas, fighting and catching pokemon, and becoming the very best, like no-one ever was!

---

I would add more screenshots into this mini-review (or whatever this just became), but...it's kinda pointless...because that bot was Alpha, and they are VERY close to releasing Beta, which, for a Discord bot, is VERY advanced.

The community they have there is fantastic, and the developer (this guy: https://github.com/Bioblaze) is brilliant at what he does!

For those curious about following the development (and maybe playing!), then join their discord here: https://discord.gg/wPxWcXc

Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars (For Alpha) - No rating on Beta due to it not being released yet!

Highly recommended for those looking for old-school text-games mixed with MMO/Modern games!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: PokéWorld - Pokémon MMO...On Discord!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 11:55 AM »
So it's a Pokemon MUD?

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:28 PM »
Erm, yeah, I guess essentially it is.  :D

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Update:

Alpha went offline roughly a week or so after I made the original post, and since then the developer has claimed to have been "working on beta".  The attention seems to have turned to milking the 3k people in his server for as many donations as possible, with 0 proof the beta version even exists (8-9 months after the previous build went offline.)