topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: MFCRecorder - Continued  (Read 102505 times)

NotACoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: MFCRecorder - Continued
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 03:57 PM »
I have recently gotten permission from the original author of MFCRecorder, AnonCapper, to modify his code and continue the MFCRecorder as I see fit...

I guess you noticed in the GetModelsJsonUrl() that when constructing the WebSocket URL, only the first Websocket server from the _chatServers dictionary is used? (_chatServers.First().Key)

I instead did a simple:

Code: C# [Select]
  1. String chatServer = _chatServers.ElementAt(rand.Next(0, _chatServers.Count)).Key;
Just my 2ยข.

Zeqem

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 03:14 AM »
Would it be possible to switch to the normal broadcast instead if the mobile one?
Hmmm, tricky. I can look into it, but the way the program gathers the data has to be through the mobile version. Perhaps I can add an option to attempt a grab at the normal one.

@Asudem Do you think you could share your source code?  I would like to take a look to see if perhaps I could help with the addition of an option to grab the normal broadcast.  This is something I am very interested in.  Or perhaps there is another way I could help you if not with the coding?

jdemarco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 12:49 AM »
once again, let me start by saying thank you.  great program.

i'm have an issue with the program hanging up after a day minimized to the tray.  I'll leave it, come back expecting to have a couple evenings of models i've included and find that it froze on the second night.  I need to kill it in task manager and restart it.  does anyone else have stability issues?  The real beauty of the program is being lost on me as i need to reset it daily if i want it to record that night.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 07:32 AM »
i'm have an issue with the program hanging up after a day minimized to the tray.  I'll leave it, come back expecting to have a couple evenings of models i've included and find that it froze on the second night.  I need to kill it in task manager and restart it.  does anyone else have stability issues?

Yes, same problem here but not as regularly as you.  I think it might be something to do with being unable to access the internet at the moment it wants to do a scan, (or being interrupted when it's doing one), but this could just be coincidence with something else happening on my machine.

sidor0009

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Remove videos as you to use this program correctly?  :(

byzene

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 05:52 AM »
This was working fine for me until recently, now it's stopped recording anything and I can't really figure out why. The "view" function is not working either. Has this happened to anyone else? I haven't blocked it with anything as far as I'm aware

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 08:55 AM »
This was working fine for me until recently, now it's stopped recording anything and I can't really figure out why. The "view" function is not working either. Has this happened to anyone else? I haven't blocked it with anything as far as I'm aware

Download it again, download the ffmpeg binaries again, put them in a new directory, and run it.  If it works, try copying the settings file (Settings.xml) from your old installation across and run it again.

If it doesn't work, your settings file possibly has an invalid value or is corrupt, just remove it and start from scratch.

Also, make sure ffmpeg.exe and ffplay.exe are allowed through your firewall.

GalAbutbul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 12:07 PM »
On mfc, models now have the ability to use higher video quality. (currently only available to models using the web broadcaster)

http://wiki.myfreeca...ode...#Video_Options

Low Resolution: For very old computers or very slow internet connections. No mobile feed. (Tech details 320x240 @ variable up to 1Mbps. Sorenson codec.)
    High Resolution: For medium computers or medium internet connections. Mobile feed. (Tech details: 320x240 @ 1Mbps. H.264 codec.)
    Higher Resolution: For fast computers and fast internet connections. Mobile feed. (Tech details: 800x600 @ 1.5Mbps. H.264 codec.)

from my limited testing mfcrecorder is only getting the existing 320x240 feed. The higher quality feed is available on both mobile and regular sites as verified testing with Applian Replay Media Catcher

was hoping someone else could confirm, and maybe if the forum notifications work, Asudem might give some feedback on if he's willing to update for us.

judger

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 11:18 AM »
if the forum notifications work, Asudem might give some feedback on if he's willing to update for us.

Pretty sure he took the donations and split. 

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 12:36 PM »
if the forum notifications work, Asudem might give some feedback on if he's willing to update for us.

Pretty sure he took the donations and split. 

Just to be sure that people know how DC works.  Donations are donations.  We are of varying passions about the programs we put out, and of varying commitment to updating such.  But donations are not expected, nor required, to download and use most (all?) of the programs that people here put out.  We are also not, other than that passion, tied to updating anything.  And the amount of donations we get is minimal at best.

If you donate, it's because you believe in the program as it is now, and want to encourage the developers.  That's it and that's all.  Asudem, I'm sure, has his own life outside of DC.  And didn't make much on this project.  He has gone dark before, and that's his right.  And in the other cases, he's returned.  That said, if he doesn't, we thank him for his contributions.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2016, 12:32 AM »
What wraith said.

Also, saying about someone on DonationCoder that they "took the donations and split" sort of implies that they left after collecting a bunch of money.. The reality is that the total donations given to Asudem would probably be just enough to go to the dinner and movies.

afoto

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 04:58 PM »
I'd like to help out with the development of this, any chance of putting the source in a repository?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 02:23 AM »
I'd like to help out with the development of this, any chance of putting the source in a repository?

Asudem got permission from the original developer to continue with public builds, that said the original source is still available for you to modify, (for your own private use only since the copyright remains with the original author - you need to get his permission to distribute).

Original post detailing some prerequisites.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:17 AM by 4wd »

PacoPaco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2016, 04:06 AM »
Just found this site and registered just to say that the program looks really really interesting. My sincere congrats, but for some reason i can't manage to start recording anything and i can't find the reason. I click "Record", the program creates the folder in the recordings directory, but it's always empty and the "recording" check is never marked.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17 AM »
Just found this site and registered just to say that the program looks really really interesting. My sincere congrats, but for some reason i can't manage to start recording anything and i can't find the reason. I click "Record", the program creates the folder in the recordings directory, but it's always empty and the "recording" check is never marked.

Yes, you didn't read the thread :)

https://www.donation....msg397351#msg397351

PacoPaco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2016, 04:26 AM »

Yes, you didn't read the thread :)

https://www.donation....msg397351#msg397351

Thanks for the heads up. I've read most of the thread, but seems like i missed that one.

Now the check mark works for a moment, then it stops. No files added to the recordings folder yet. The view function doesn't work aswell. All the FFmpeg files are inside the MFCrecorder.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:36 AM by PacoPaco »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2016, 06:30 AM »
Now the check mark works for a moment, then it stops. No files added to the recordings folder yet. The view function doesn't work aswell. All the FFmpeg files are inside the MFCrecorder.

And you have allowed FFmpeg and FFplay through your firewall?

PacoPaco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2016, 09:36 AM »

And you have allowed FFmpeg and FFplay through your firewall?

Yes, firewall is disabled currently. There are no programs that can be holding it back, so it must be something else. I'm on W10 atm.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Just tried it on my machine Win10Pro x64 and it worked fine, here's what your folder contents should look like:

2016-09-30 11_40_30.pngMFCRecorder - Continued
The marked files need to have internet access.

NOTE: Those are the 32bit versions of FFmpeg and FFplay, (and probably not the latest: ffmpeg version N-74593-g6638e4a).

And what should be allowed through the firewall:

2016-09-30 11_44_47.pngMFCRecorder - Continued

Settings.xml should look something like this, (model was chosen randomly):
Code: Text [Select]
  1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  2. <MFCRecorder xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  3.   <ModelsInclude>
  4.     <long>21562245</long>
  5.   </ModelsInclude>
  6.   <ModelsExclude />
  7.   <RecordAboveCamScore>false</RecordAboveCamScore>
  8.   <MinCamScore>0</MinCamScore>
  9.   <HideExcluded>false</HideExcluded>
  10.   <StartInTray>false</StartInTray>
  11.   <UpdateTime>2016-09-30T11:46:14.4521518+10:00</UpdateTime>
  12.   <OnlineModels>1407</OnlineModels>
  13. </MFCRecorder>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:01 AM by 4wd »

PacoPaco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2016, 02:20 AM »
Just tried it on my machine Win10Pro x64 and it worked fine, here's what your folder contents should look like:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
The marked files need to have internet access.

NOTE: Those are the 32bit versions of FFmpeg and FFplay, (and probably not the latest: ffmpeg version N-74593-g6638e4a).

And what should be allowed through the firewall:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Settings.xml should look something like this, (model was chosen randomly):
Code: Text [Select]
  1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  2. <MFCRecorder xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  3.   <ModelsInclude>
  4.     <long>21562245</long>
  5.   </ModelsInclude>
  6.   <ModelsExclude />
  7.   <RecordAboveCamScore>false</RecordAboveCamScore>
  8.   <MinCamScore>0</MinCamScore>
  9.   <HideExcluded>false</HideExcluded>
  10.   <StartInTray>false</StartInTray>
  11.   <UpdateTime>2016-09-30T11:46:14.4521518+10:00</UpdateTime>
  12.   <OnlineModels>1407</OnlineModels>
  13. </MFCRecorder>

My folder looks just like that. Same files, same with the config file. Tried with the AV off and i had no firewall on to add the exceptions, still nothing. I'm on Windows10 Pro x64 aswell. I have no clue why it's giving so much trouble.

Gonna try to find an older version of FFmpeg x32 and see if that works, mine is the newest build, or if you don't mind, send me a copy of your own folder without the recordings.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:29 AM by PacoPaco »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2016, 02:46 AM »
... if you don't mind, send me a copy of your own folder without the recordings.

PM sent

Thankyou

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2016, 04:28 AM »
Of course, I'd like to start out by giving a big THANK YOU to Asudem, and anoncapper.

I have read the thread, from top to bottom, and I understand that there is a very small chance you'll consider updating, but please do.
There's just one minor thing.
MFC now allows stream sizes larger than 320x240, and currently mfcrecorder does not.
now, if Im doing something wrong on my end id like to apologize. Perhaps mfcrecorder does and I managed to break it.
If anyone knows a solution, please reply to me.

PacoPaco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 05:16 AM »
Of course, I'd like to start out by giving a big THANK YOU to Asudem, and anoncapper.

I have read the thread, from top to bottom, and I understand that there is a very small chance you'll consider updating, but please do.
There's just one minor thing.
MFC now allows stream sizes larger than 320x240, and currently mfcrecorder does not.
now, if Im doing something wrong on my end id like to apologize. Perhaps mfcrecorder does and I managed to break it.
If anyone knows a solution, please reply to me.

Indeed. I managed to make the program works thanks to an user who took the time to upload his folder for me, and it works really well. Only problem is the bitrate.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46 PM »

Indeed. I managed to make the program works thanks to an user who took the time to upload his folder for me, and it works really well. Only problem is the bitrate.

You mean resolution not bitrate - ffmpeg will capture at whatever the bitrate is that is being received.

However, to get the stream with the higher resolution requires a different URL, eg.

http://video482.myfreecams.com:1935/NxServer/mfc_121134131.f4v_aac/playlist.m3u8
http://video482.myfreecams.com:1935/NxServer/ngrp:mfc_121134131.f4v_mobile/playlist.m3u8

The first is the normal 320x240 resolution, the second is higher resolution - note the differences.

MFCRecorder doesn't search for or generate the URL for the higher resolution stream for ffmpeg/ffplay to work with.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:58 PM by 4wd »

Thankyou

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2016, 07:39 PM »
However, to get the stream with the higher resolution requires a different URL, eg.

Right, and so theres nothing that can be done on MFCrecorder as of yet?