topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Atlantis Word Processor [gotd]  (Read 4341 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Atlantis Word Processor [gotd]
« on: December 04, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Since wordpad switched to the ribbon interface I have been using Atlantis Nova, which is the free version of Atlantis Word Processor.  AWP is on GOTD today.  It installed and activated fine.

I don't use word processors much.  Mostly I use text editors for programming.  So I cannot critique this word processor's features, performance etc..  But what I can say is it has the traditional menu at the top.  If you just need something to dash off a quick rtf file then you may prefer Atlantis Nova.  It snaps open much faster.  :)

Atlantis Web Page
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:47 AM by MilesAhead »

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Atlantis Word Processor [gotd]
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:57 AM »
I agree that this WAS worth installing over the previous GOTD version.  Its portability is icing on the cake.  Loads a bit slow but still preferable overall to freeware AbiWord.
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:34 PM »
I agree that this WAS worth installing over the previous GOTD version.  Its portability is icing on the cake.  Loads a bit slow but still preferable overall to freeware AbiWord.
-Midnight Rambler (December 10, 2015, 11:57 AM)

I am glad for the positive response.  I am likely to be only an occasional user.  But I signed up for the forum just in case.  :)

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 10:38 AM »
I like Abiword because of its speed and interface.  but development seems to have stalled.