topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Official MSPA Notifier thread.  (Read 8529 times)

Asudem

• Joined in 2015
  • C# data manipulation junkie
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Official MSPA Notifier thread.
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Greetings Homestuck fans, it's been a while, no?

This is the official MSPA Notifier thread for DonationCoder.com. This is MrFreeman aka MSPA Notify on tumblr, and I am happy to have finally found a place where I can interact with my users!

If you're reading this, you must be a big fan of the notifier, and I thank you for your support and usage over time! I hope the program has been fun and useful for you during the webcomic's run

People have asked over the years about the notifier's source code and if the program will go to other webcomics. Well I am very happy to announce that yes, the source code will be available and an all new notifier will be built based on the MSPA Notifier's code for any webcomic you read or will read in the future! A completely customizable program in which anything with an RSS feed or EVEN SITES WITHOUT AN RSS FEED can be checked for updates right from your statusbar!

Update: 12/10/15
Some fantastic news fellow notifier fans! The notifier is moving from Winforms to WPF! A little plugin called WPF NotifyIcon that basically allows me to do everything I currently do in the Winform version of the notifier, but I can do it much cleaner and faster than ever before! It will take some getting used to, but I think I can create another great version of the notifier with this!

To my fellow DonationCoder members who are new to this post. I apologize if this is confusing to you, but allow me to explain. I created a piece of software years ago to notify users of updates to a webcomic that updated on no set schedule. Users were no longer tricked into believing "update" claims when the notifier would notify them of real, genuine updates. The program uses transparencies of user generated fanart of the webcomic to let them know it's been updated, and now I wish to apply that same principal to any webcomic possible! Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope the program sounds interesting to you!

Release Info:
Spoiler
Current Version 0.5.2.8
  • Initial DonationCoder.Com release!

If I do it more than 2 times I want to automate it in C#!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:55 PM by Asudem, Reason: Update on program progress »