topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: An option to make the selected item from the Quick Paste menu move to the top?  (Read 5943 times)

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When you select a clipboard item from the Quick Paste Menu, it stays where it is on the list.
Is there an option to make the selected item move to the top, due to the likelihood of that selected item being needed more than once...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i agree this is desirable.
i have a memory of adding an option for this somewhere -- though the option is described as (update the date of clips that are pasted, or something like that).

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for telling me this already exists.

I found it at:
Misc. Options 1 > CHECK: Update clip modification date on paste

Perhaps in next version this option can be CHECKed by default and people can choose to unCHECK it?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You may be right -- it may be a good idea to make that option enabled by default.  anyone else think so (or not)?

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Unless people disagree, I would like to post my requests so far for your consideration:

1. Tray icon flash disable (preferably by default, but at least an option).

2. Flush Clip History, as a 1-click option on the main menu, right above where it says Exit.
(Probably the most important request, since Flush Clip History would get rid of copied credit card number and other sensitive data someone might be temporarily working with.)

3. This should be default: Misc. Options 1 > CHECK: Update clip modification date on paste.

and the one I know won't be implemented ;-) :-) :

4. All sounds OFF by default with option to turn ON.

Thank you again for making this fine program.

P.S. It would be nice to have some sort of View Your Posts link on the forums that would list all the threads the logged in user is participating in with a single click in order of most recent activity.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
P.S. It would be nice to have some sort of View Your Posts link on the forums that would list all the threads the logged in user is participating in with a single click in order of most recent activity.

There is, just hover over (or click on) the "Go To.." menu.

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Aha. Recent Topics you posted in. That's the one.

In my humble opinion, every forum should have that link front and center and separate from everything else since after people come back to the forums, they are most interested in status of threads they already posting in... Thanks again...

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So a couple of versions later now, has any of this been implemented and if not, are there any plans for any of them in the future:

2. Flush Clip History, as a 1-click option on the main menu, right above where it says Exit.
(Probably the most important request, since Flush Clip History would get rid of copied credit card number and other sensitive data someone might be temporarily working with.)

3. This should be default: Misc. Options 1 > CHECK: Update clip modification date on paste.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Added, will be in next update.

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Could you open the attached file in Wordpad. It contains a regular cell phone text smiley.
What would it take for it to remain in the buffer instead of two question marks ?? when you copy it...

EDIT:... I don't know why it is not showing up in the post, it is a .zip file...