ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Some thoughts on the next version

(1/7) > >>

Subsim:
I use CSH a lot. I keep a lot of code and html, signatures and often used verbiage, and info in clips. I use it store password hints, and account emails and urls. I go and copy parts of CSH clips and paste into webpages, and visa versa. There a are a few major issues I have with CSH:

When I select a clip,  and highlight then ctrl-c a piece of the clip to place into a webpage or form, the CSH interface instantly shifts to some other, unrelated clip. I am no longer in the selected clip, and I have to find it and re-orient myself. What I would like to see is, when I highlight and copy, the interface stays the same, nothing happens. I am still in the selected clip, and my highlighted text is still highlighted.

Same when I have copied a bit of code or text from outside of CSH, and I go and select a clip and I want to paste it into the CHS clip. I should see the pasted text, in the selected clip, with not shifting and changing of the interface.

When I select a portion of a clip, I would like to be able to right click and get the copy paste menu, as with all the other Windows programs.

Also, when I go to a Group, it should have the windows vertical scroll bar at the top. As it works now, when I change groups, the scroll bar is at the bottom, even though I have the clips ordered. CSH is the only window or program where the scroll bar starts at the bottom.

The sub Groups: the clips in the sub groups are also in the parent group. I don't see why, I want the clips separate. I have sub groups under parent groups because they are related, but I don't want all the sub groups clips also duplicated in the parent group.

And I still cannot delete a selected clip. Never have been able to.

This is a terrific program, and I support your work.  I hope you can find time to add these improvements into the next version.

cheers
Neal

IainB:
Yes, I would echo SOME of the above, but the way CHS seems to work at present is as a CIM (Clipboard Information manager), whereas I would rather be able to use use it as a CIM with integrated PIM (Personal Information manager) functionality, and the requirements for the two would not necessarily be one and the same.
Bearing in mind that @mouser has indicated that CHS was originally intended/designed as a PIM, but got reduced to being a CIM, I don't really expect my requirements to be met.

Subsim:
Thanks for the input.  :Thmbsup:  Right now, CHS works very well as a PIM at the level I need it, except for the funky behaviors listed above. I would certainly make an additional donation for an upgrade, I believe in rewarding work.

mouser:
When I select a clip,  and highlight then ctrl-c a piece of the clip to place into a webpage or form, the CSH interface instantly shifts to some other, unrelated clip. I am no longer in the selected clip, and I have to find it and re-orient myself
--- End quote ---

ok that's a bug -- it's trying to switch to the NEW CLIP created by your ctrl+C, but im guessing you arent in the "NEW" group so it is getting confused. I will fix bug so that it doesnt change clips when you CTRL+C from within the program.

mouser:
Also, when I go to a Group, it should have the windows vertical scroll bar at the top. As it works now, when I change groups, the scroll bar is at the bottom, even though I have the clips ordered. CSH is the only window or program where the scroll bar starts at the bottom.
-Subsim (November 15, 2015, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can add an option for that.

Actually this is already an option, uncheck this:

IN FACT -- IF YOU UNCHECK THAT, DOES IT FIX THE PROBLEM WITH IT SWITCHING CLIPS WHEN YOU CTRL+C?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version