topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to disable Icon changes/flashes during clipboard capture and Flush History  (Read 3380 times)

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think it's a great idea to have the *option* to have the icon change/flash during clipboard capture to help visually show that a clip has been captured...

But hopefully this is not a mandatory feature, how is the flashing disabled please?

Also, is there a way to Flush / Remove all Clip History, as a 1-click option on the main menu?

And most importantly - is there a Paste on selection option?
Is there a keyboard shortcut that brings the list up and we click on the item and it is automatically pasted?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:38 PM by c627627 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
1. There is currently no option to disable the tray icon flash, but it's a good idea, i will add it in the next version.
2. There is no 1-click option in the main menu BUT if you right click on a group in the main window you can choose to delete all clips in that group.  You can also set how frequently clips are automatically moved from NEW to OLD to DELETED groups automatically.
3. Paste on selection -- if i understand you correctly you are wanting the Quick-Paste popup menu which can be easily triggered when in any other application, which is the feature most users should be using most frequently; by default that is tied to hotkey ctrl+alt+Q i think.

c627627

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Very good, ctrl+alt+Q is also customizable in the Hotkeys menu. Perfect. I just switched mine to the easiest to press combo CTRL+ALT+Z :)

The flashing icon should be an easy fix, a simple option to give us a choice to turn the flashing off - thank you for considering it.

Finally, the Flush All is a security feature, I store my credit card number in a password protected file and when I open it and paste it - I sure don't want that number in clipboard history. This is a just one of many examples. No company with sensitive email writing etc. would want a history of certain things copied, but if you kindly consider implementing a Flush Clipboard History button right above where it says Exit, that would address that concern and it would make this program a 10.

The other things can be modified in settings, but just out of curiosity, the sounds are ON by default - did you find people want to hear the sounds, a vocal reminder each and every time they copy something or would you say the majority (more than 50%) of users switch off sounds, and if so should they also not be OFF by default with a nice and useful *option* to turn them ON?

Thank you for making this excellent program.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:30 PM by c627627 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I find the sound extremely useful and that's my sole basis for leaving it on by default.

CHS will by default ignore clips sent to the clipboard with a security tag saying that they should not be stored by clipboard tools -- check to see if your password tool has an option for that.  There is a thread somewhere in the CHS section about it (here?).
The other alternative is to tell CHS to ignore your password tool completely, and never copy anything put into the clipboard by that executable; you can set that on the "Capture Options" tab.