ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

hotkeys no longer working in version 4.15.2

<< < (3/6) > >>

absoblogginlutely:
It *should* work with Win10 64 bit - I put it on my surface yesterday (which doesn't even have a prtscrn button - instead you use Fn space) and it worked.
The activehotkeys was also working for me on my 64bit OS (Win8). Check the program works by setting the checks for the standard keys only (no modifiers) and then press some alpha keys  - they should light up in AHK. Note the prtscn button is displayed as SysReq in this software.

I'm really not sure why the keys stopped working for me for a couple of days and then started working again. Perhaps you have my gremlin?

paralleltwin:
Just wanted to post, I have my hotkeys back now, and I *think* for me it had to do with either or both of OneDrive and Dropbox stealing the print screen button key to show me a modal asking me to save my screenshots to their respective locations...

After removing screencaptor and using snag it for a while, the modal dialogues appeared for both OneDrive and Dropbox, and I summarily dismissed both of them.

Just now after enjoying, and then hastily removing snag it (gosh what a slow tool, unbearable), I re-installed, and voila! everything works again. Thank spaghetti.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my case was a windows 10 re-install that triggered it.

mouser:
my guess is dropbox.
thanks for the report! glad it is working now.
if it stops working again, check dropbox options.

absoblogginlutely:
I don't have dropbox installed (doesn't work in a corporate domain with folder redirection of appdata) but do have Onedrive (also doesn't work) and did have snagit installed. The only thing I like better about snagit is the ability to add autonumbered stamps to a diagram to show areas that need to be clicked on in a particular order (ie 1...2....3)  Very useful. Currently I draw boxes and arrows between them - this looks better but is slightly more time consuming. (hint hint) ;-)

mouser:
Autonumbered stamps is an interesting idea.. I could add without too much trouble.

Do remember that there are clipart "STEP #" objects you can drag and drop (just click the Clipart button on toolbar), and of course you can add text to the ends of arrows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version