ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 42.0 stable is out - only Softpedia shows it though

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Maybe they just regularly have an eye on the Mozilla release servers.

Which is actually a bad idea, given that releases may contain bugs and be replaced before they are announced.
-Tuxman (November 04, 2015, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but I do a checksum and they are always the same.  So it must be a heads up on the annointed stable release package.  I don't remember how long this has gone on.  The rapid change in version numbers makes it difficult to guess.  Version 42 is out but version 13 was probably only a short time ago.  I think it's been going on at least that long.

CWuestefeld:
Upgraded to 42.0 x64 yesterday.

After a full day using it, between two different computers, it seems quite stable. And subjectively, it seems better for memory usage than WaterFox was.

Tuxman:
Meanwhile, Firefox 43.0 beta is out. And DownThemAll! 3.0 is not working anymore due to the mandatory add-on signing.

I guess it's time for me to search for a new browser after ten years of Firefox.

MilesAhead:
Upgraded to 42.0 x64 yesterday.

After a full day using it, between two different computers, it seems quite stable. And subjectively, it seems better for memory usage than WaterFox was.
-CWuestefeld (November 05, 2015, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I gave the x64 Nightly a try.  But it was definitely slower opening multiple pages than the 32 bit x86 42.0.  Also when I tried to open OneDrive I got a blank page with no background color.  Just hanging.  Whereas with the 32 bit FF it came right up.

For some reason Cyberfox has no big issues that I remember.  Maybe it is the optimizing compiler.

MilesAhead:
Meanwhile, Firefox 43.0 beta is out. And DownThemAll! 3.0 is not working anymore due to the mandatory add-on signing.

I guess it's time for me to search for a new browser after ten years of Firefox.
-Tuxman (November 05, 2015, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

All this security stuff is getting to be a drag.  Used to be you could photocopy a document such as a birth certificate and mail it or present it when filing for some other government stuff.  Now thay make you buy additional "originals" often at more than $10 a pop, just to stick in a file cabinet.  Like it is all computerized so why not just send a "fetch" RPC call to the other government agency requesting the file be transmitted?  Anything to squeeze another buck out of us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version