ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sleipnir Browser for Laptop lovers?

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
This is frustrating.  It looks like thumbnails as tab titles is hard wired.  Not even mouse over text titles.  So many thumbnails are nearly blank that it is silly so sit there squinting to guess which tab it is.  Unless I can find some secret option it looks like a deal breaker.

techidave:
I haven't installed it on my laptop yet, but on my desktop it doesn't seem any different than FF or Chrome.

MilesAhead:
I haven't installed it on my laptop yet, but on my desktop it doesn't seem any different than FF or Chrome.
-techidave (November 02, 2015, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you don't have fuzzy text you probably won't notice anything.  On my Laptop it is a subtle difference but still the fonts are a bit easier to read.  Unfortunately any net gain is more than offset by being forced to decipher Rorschach tests to click the right tab to change to  On my Lappy I have found ComicSans font is easiest to read in most browsers including FF and SlimJet.  With this browser I can read that font easily even if it is a bit smaller that I am using with the others.  If I could kill the thumbnails I would give it a longer trial.

Even though I have a bunch of browsers installed I mostly use FF.  Now and then a site is totally ornery so I have Opera, Cyberfox, FF portable, SlimJet, k-meleon etc..  for trial and error attack.  :)

MilesAhead:
Maybe this isn't so bad.  The thumbnails show the url in a Tooltip on mouse hover.  I guess I'll give it a go until the weekend at least.

Edit: OK I guess I get the drift now.  Instead of trying to figure out the thumbnail(fine if it is an obvious one) you are supposed to click the FavTab button to the left of the thumbnail rown.  Then you get sort of a speeddial with large pictures.  All I have to figure out is if there is a shift click or something to open in new tab etc..  OK I guess if it is not already open in a tab it is not in the FavTab.  So it just shifts to open tabs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version