ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SpiderOak Unlimited Space

<< < (3/7) > >>

eleman:
It truly is aggravating when a few idiots fail to use a little common sense, self police their actions, and screw it up for everybody.
-Stoic Joker (November 05, 2015, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

So advertising a service as "unlimited" is OK; but trying to see if it really is unlimited is not?

IainB:
...You can't trust a commercial operation you have a contract with if they make nonsensical and unilateral changes like that and without any explanation...
-IainB (October 29, 2015, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Regarding Microsoft's apparent turnabout regarding OneDrive max storage limits, at least they gave a useful explanation (even if one might not like or agree with it), so, hats off to them for that.

Jibz:
•Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
--- End quote ---

But it appears - assuming that it's already in effect - that it did not effect those of us with the early adopters 25GB bonus storage...as I'm still showing the space as available.-Stoic Joker (November 05, 2015, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

In your quote it says that change will start rolling out in 2016, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Stoic Joker:
It truly is aggravating when a few idiots fail to use a little common sense, self police their actions, and screw it up for everybody.
-Stoic Joker (November 05, 2015, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

So advertising a service as "unlimited" is OK; but trying to see if it really is unlimited is not?-eleman (November 05, 2015, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

75TB?? Yeah, that's more than just a little past curiosity. Any "unlimited" plan is really just a statistical assumption that everyone's behavior will average out to something that the infrastructure can tolerate. And that's generally speaking a workable plan if nobody decides to be a smartass and push it past the limits of reason.

I'm on a 40Mb symmetrical fiber connection, at my house ... But if I tried pushing anywhere close to 5TB up the wire I'd end up having a very unpleasant conversation with my ISP. So... 75TB!!! That had to have come from some clown on a commercial connection, because there's no way in hell a - classically upstream capped for a reason... - residential provider would have tolerated that volume of traffic coming from a single IP.

Stoic Joker:
•Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
--- End quote ---

But it appears - assuming that it's already in effect - that it did not effect those of us with the early adopters 25GB bonus storage...as I'm still showing the space as available.-Stoic Joker (November 05, 2015, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

In your quote it says that change will start rolling out in 2016, so I guess we will have to wait and see.
-Jibz (November 05, 2015, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shit! ...I missed that. This is why pragmatism is the best I can do ... I always get burned when I try to think positive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version