ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Questions about sorting and formatting

(1/2) > >>

IndyJpr:
Hello all,

1) Sorting - how does it work.  I've added the 'Ordering' column to my group, checked that the 'Custom Menu Sorting SQL' is set (to the default) but sorting does not work for me.  I'm not sure how they are sorted but they don't follow the ordering number I manually entered.   Am I missing something?

2) Formatting - I want all formatting stripped from every new clip.  How can I do this?  Edit:  I should add that I'm pasting from the Quick Paste menu.

Thanks,

tomos:
2) Formatting - I want all formatting stripped from every new clip.  How can I do this?  Edit:  I should add that I'm pasting from the Quick Paste menu.
-IndyJpr (October 21, 2015, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Re #2 --
you can modify hotkey for paste as plain text:

Questions about sorting and formatting

mouser:
Formatting will be stripped from all items in the quick paste menu -- it's only the most recent clip that keeps its formatting because windows manages that if you use Ctrl+V to paste it.  You can use hotkey as Tomos said to paste last clip as plaintext.

1) Sorting - how does it work.  I've added the 'Ordering' column to my group, checked that the 'Custom Menu Sorting SQL' is set (to the default) but sorting does not work for me.
--- End quote ---

can you elaborate? it sounds like you are doing it right?

you show the ordering column, and then you fill in manually values of clips for that column to change the sorting order.

rkr3:
Formatting will be stripped from all items in the quick paste menu -- it's only the most recent clip that keeps its formatting because windows manages that if you use Ctrl+V to paste it.  You can use hotkey as Tomos said to paste last clip as plaintext.
I want the opposite -- i.e., to keep the formatting of previous clips.

For instance, if I copy a number of tables as separate clips, I want to be able to paste them later (once I've finished making the clips) individually from the Quick Paste menu. How do I do this?

Thanks

IainB:
Formatting will be stripped from all items in the quick paste menu -- it's only the most recent clip that keeps its formatting because windows manages that if you use Ctrl+V to paste it.  You can use hotkey as Tomos said to paste last clip as plaintext.I want the opposite -- i.e., to keep the formatting of previous clips.
For instance, if I copy a number of tables as separate clips, I want to be able to paste them later (once I've finished making the clips) individually from the Quick Paste menu. How do I do this?
Thanks
-rkr3 (November 15, 2015, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm...tricky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version