ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Manjaro and UEFI

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
Do you have a good method for restoring?

phitsc:
Interestingly enough, it is, after all, actually booting Windows. I first get presented a screen with a big lock icon, telling me about some Secure Boot problem. But when I then press Enter, I get some kind of message box where I can press Enter again, and Windows will then boot :huh: I don't currently see what is particularly secure about that. In this case, I do not complain though. I could try to restore it, but I'm really not keen on re-installing everything, having spent so much time trying to dual-boot it with Manjaro already.

phitsc:
Just tried to install the latest Manjaro release from the 26th of October. Noticed that one of the installers it comes with (Calamares) was updated. And guess what: the installation worked!!!

I can now dual-boot Windows and Manjaro using UEFI with secure boot disabled. Manjaro sometimes reboots when starting up, but will then run the second time it boots.

ewemoa:
Congratulations!

Odd about the flaky behavior.

BTW, did you choose the systemd option or the OpenRC option?

phitsc:
I can't remember having to choose one of them. I've installed the Gnome distribution. I guess that comes with systemd?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version