ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

thinking of some earning

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
Do try AdSense, but don't get your hopes up. You need to drive a LOT, and I mean a **LOT** of traffic to make anything worth mentioning. Experiment with the ad placements as well, because that can make a big difference.

I've run relatively high-traffic sites before with AdSense, and at the end of the day, it was... meh... But I didn't put a lot into pushing the ads either as I wanted them to be relatively low-key and not over-power the site. Today that doesn't matter so much, so take my own experience with a grain of salt -- the online world is different now.

That being said... I have a million Google AdSense emails telling me to fix some info so I can get paid... Haven't looked yet, and I'm not expecting it to be much.

mouser:
Do try AdSense, but don't get your hopes up.
-Renegade (October 13, 2015, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Renegade is right -- it will be an interesting experiment but be prepared for pennies per week  >:(

rgdot:
My experience (back in 2004) with Adsense was negative - I have told the story somewhere, may be even on DC, a couple of times - but you shouldn't worry about being turned down. Go for it.

anandcoral:
Thanks everybody for the motivation  :)

I will try it and yes, will keep posted here. It is a new area for me and I want to start, not expecting too much soon, but may help me in longer run, when I will be very old.

Regards,

Anand

anandcoral:
Well after trying few times and then googling, I found that "Google withdrew support for adding Adsense ads to Google Sites" https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/sites/byQt8BIChis

Only Blogger and WordPress allowed, as free sites https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/42534?hl=en

Looks like more work than I thought. I find working on Google sites much easier than WordPress. Let me see how I can manage a blog along with my g.sites. Pause at present.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version