ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Slimjet updated to 10.0.3.0

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
http://www.slimjet.com/en/

Slimjet updated to 5.0.4.0.  Both installer and portable versions are available.  I am using the 32 bit portable.  It seems to run without anything very weird happening.  I have not tried the x64 build(s).

I unpacked the new 5.x release over my 4.x version.  It seems not to have scrambled my bookmarks, settings or extensions.  Also 5.x has a couple of new features you may read about on the home page.

MilesAhead:
For some reason the version 9.x portable did not detect that version 10.x was available.

I have renewed interest in using this as my goto browser because it opens quickly and even if Fast Dial is set to show on startup it will accept a url typed into the address bar.  Firefox I cannot take anymore.  It opens and hangs for 30 seconds before it will react to any input whatsoever.

x16wda:
10.0.1.0 is out today, but it was only a few days ago the last 9 series update came out. Slimjet is my goto browser these days too, fewer annoyances than most others.  :P

MilesAhead:
10.0.1.0 is out today, but it was only a few days ago the last 9 series update came out. Slimjet is my goto browser these days too, fewer annoyances than most others.  :P

-x16wda (May 21, 2016, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

By any chance do you use Vanilla Cookie Manager?  I never had a problem with it before. Now on a few sites it shows the cookie icon in the address bar with a small 'x'.  On most sites if I click it then click Done Button with radio selected "Always allow site to set cookies" and hit F5, the cookie icon goes away.  But on DC and my page, so far, it just stays there.  Pretty strange.

Edit: I was blocking 3rd party cookies.  Turning that off seems to have fixed it.  :)

Glad you like SlimJet too.  I was a bit leery of chrome because I ran my Laptop using Performance profile and it seemed like chrome based browsers could pull my battery down even when I was plugged in.  But there seems no problem after switching to Balanced profile.

dantheman:
Slimjet is an excellent rendition of Chromium for sure!
Must admit that Google Chrome dev 64bit is faster and reliable.
Slimjet is always playing catch-up in that regards.
Otherwise, SJ features are superb!  :Thmbsup:
SJ is the main reason for my gradual transitioning from stagnant, regress full Firefox (its "hello" and my "good-bye").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version