topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Saw Superman Returns tonight...  (Read 3763 times)

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Saw Superman Returns tonight...
« on: June 28, 2006, 03:15 AM »
WOW!.....did that suck!  Don't believe the hype, this movie failed on so many levels, there is nothing more to say.  Except maybe, Plastic Hollywood Crap

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Saw Superman Returns tonight...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 04:22 AM »
Is there any other kind in recent remakes? Let's start a hit list of 'must not sees' ...

Here are a few of my pet hate remakes:

Bilko (Phil Silvers was an impossible act to follow)
Pink Panther (ditto Peter Sellers - I still can't work out why they did that)
Hitchhikers Guide (OK it wasn't a film remake but DNA would be rolling in his grave)
The Italian Job
The Singing Detective
Get Carter

The only  one I quite liked in recent years was Oceans Eleven, but then I've never seen the original. (Oceans 12 I thought was rubbish by comparison).

Tekzel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:05 PM »
WOW!.....did that suck!  Don't believe the hype, this movie failed on so many levels, there is nothing more to say.  Except maybe, Plastic Hollywood Crap

Wow!  I had exactly the opposite reaction.  I loved every second of it.  Loved the casting, the story, everything.  I am going to see it at least 2 more times in the theater and will buy the DVD the day it is released.  It was successful on every level to me :)

I guess that is the good thing about the world, many varied opinions.  From what I have seen though, your view is definitely in the minoirity.  Even the critics liked it (76% positive on rottentomatos.com).

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 07:54 PM »

Wow!  I had exactly the opposite reaction.  I loved every second of it.  Loved the casting, the story, everything.  I am going to see it at least 2 more times in the theater and will buy the DVD the day it is released.  It was successful on every level to me :)

I guess that is the good thing about the world, many varied opinions.  From what I have seen though, your view is definitely in the minoirity.  Even the critics liked it (76% positive on rottentomatos.com).

Yah I noticed that as soon as I got back.  But that's ok.  During the movie I couldn't help but think how much better Spiderman was and wishing it was Spiderman3 I was watching.  I am a huge fan of Superman too, from the Comics, to the original TV show in the 50's aka. Adventures of Superman, to the Superfriends cartoon, Lois & Clark, Smallville and especially Superman I and even Superman II. 

Also, just a reminder, for those that didn't know Richard Donner's version of Superman I was the one released in theaters and to tape/dvd later.  But he was not the one that put #2 together, even though they were filmed at the same time (with Donner in charge of that), he was cut from the project.  Well, someone who worked closely with Donner then and understands what he wanted the second movie to be is re-editing the hours of unused footage into a completely different take on Superman II, which will be released on DVD in the fall when Superman Returns comes to DVD.