ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Trying to Create a New Logo

(1/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay... So my logo - which I lost the original for - was getting a bit tired, so I thought I'd try creating a new one. Below is what I managed to cobble together in Photoshop...Opinions/suggestions welcome.

I'm thinking about releasing (my first) an App for the Windows Phone ... So I thought it best to tidy up my image a bit before shooting myself in the foot. :D

tomos:
I'm no expert but think in general it looks fine. It's not as cute as the one in your avatar (I'm presuming that's the one you lost the original of?).

A couple of details that should be changed imo:
1) the hat need a little highlighting - very little I think, but needed to give it more 3 dimensionality
2) it needs a little perspective in the sphere grid lines (see below)

Trying to Create a New Logo

wraith808:
I liked the larger hat and larger iris, personally.  It gave it more of the whimsical feel IMO.

mouser:
Agree with above -- could benefit from larger iris, better hat.  Maybe less generic feet?

Stoic Joker:
I'm no expert but think in general it looks fine. It's not as cute as the one in your avatar (I'm presuming that's the one you lost the original of?).-tomos (September 15, 2015, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was actually shooting for a bit less cute but still true to form. And yes my avatar was originally quite large (when created - before getting lost) and was done in Ulead's Cool 3D.

A couple of details that should be changed imo:
1) the hat need a little highlighting - very little I think, but needed to give it more 3 dimensionality
2) it needs a little perspective in the sphere grid lines (see below)-tomos (September 15, 2015, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

The hat does seem to be missing something...I'll poke it with a stick a bit when I get home...but I'm not really sure what you mean by "perspective" in the sphere lines.

I liked the larger hat and larger iris, personally.  It gave it more of the whimsical feel IMO.
-wraith808 (September 15, 2015, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um... (for the hat) By "larger" do you mean wider at the base, taller or both?  The iris it appears (on and off line) needs to be larger.

Agree with above -- could benefit from larger iris, better hat.  Maybe less generic feet?
-mouser (September 15, 2015, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Generic feet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version