topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Browsers History Manager (even several browsers at the same time)  (Read 4922 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Browsers History Manager (even several browsers at the same time)

I would like to find an portable utility able to collect and manage all the browsers history

is possible ?

Something near the target ?

Best Regards

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Browsers History Manager (even several browsers at the same time)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:15 PM »
What exactly do you mean by "manage" ?

Browsing History Viewer

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24 PM »

This thread disturbs me a little because I purposely split my browsers so at low levels I fix certain problems. I have noticed more and more how my "Youtube suggestions" are being populated with stuff.

I'm stuck at prob 1, why are you/you-plural using multi browsers and then trying to track it!? It feels like a "Work wants X, I want Y, then Z shows up somewhere" type problem but I'm saying we're missing a backstory here.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:04 PM »
This thread disturbs me a little because I purposely split my browsers so at low levels I fix certain problems. I have noticed more and more how my "Youtube suggestions" are being populated with stuff

isn't that that they recognise your IP address, so know your machine watched XYZ so make related suggestions - no matter which browser you're in?

I'm stuck at prob 1, why are you/you-plural using multi browsers and then trying to track it!? It feels like a "Work wants X, I want Y, then Z shows up somewhere" type problem but I'm saying we're missing a backstory here.

I could see this being helpful - I use different browsers for different things but only because they're all crap at something or other. Another example: for a while I was using a browser without a Flash plugin, so I had another one I used where Flash was required.
Tom

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 04:44 PM »
What exactly do you mean by "manage" ?

Browsing History Viewer
Better i see the option.
If the Browsing history viewer does what i want the will be my poor concept of "manage"
 :P

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 07:14 PM »

I could see this being helpful - I use different browsers for different things but only because they're all crap at something or other. Another example: for a while I was using a browser without a Flash plugin, so I had another one I used where Flash was required.

Same here, Pale Moon is my normal browser but it has anti-everything add-ons that interfere with some websites so rather than stuff around excluding sites/disabling add-ons it's easier to just fire up another browser, eg. K-Meleon, Epic, IE, etc.

Why be stuck with just one browser?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 10:08 AM »
Ejem.
sometimes the short way is the straight line.
Returning to the command prompt.
This may seems unusefull totally , but is

This thread disturbs me a little because I purposely split my browsers so at low levels I fix certain problems. I have noticed more and more how my "Youtube suggestions" are being populated with stuff.

Agreed. But only the real programmers reachs the peace.
The peace from the single and black command line.

We need memorize so many things that some times i wonder myself for the real thing. The things that real matters

:-*

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member