ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Basic Calculator

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
I wonder what the rest of the world sees it as..
-Stoic Joker (September 06, 2015, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

here it's brownish wood tone - as intended. But you're always going to get a lot of variation, depending on the screen.

TaoPhoenix:
You might want to add a hex/dec/oct conversion option to attract the tech-savvy crowd here, but it looks refreshingly different in the awfully white Win10 world :Thmbsup:-Ath (September 06, 2015, 04:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I was going for something style wise that was just a tad Steampunk. The problem with conversions, is that if I add one that may be handy it opens the door to more and more and more. And I really just wanted to keep this as simple as possible. This is why there isn't a square root button...because I've never in my life found a need for getting the square root of anything...so it was dropped in favor of other things I have found need for (frequently) in the past.

It is however an adventure in creating something finger friendly, which is why it's spread out farther than any of the other programs I've done in the past.

- Add a bit of a UI wrapper around the edges, maybe a quarter inch, with rounded corners, so that it doesn't quite feel like it "drops off a cliff" at the edges.-TaoPhoenix (September 06, 2015, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see what you're driving at, but I have no idea how to do that. I can try...but no promises.

- Add theming, give users a choice of some five colors for the middle instead of Maroon-something you have now.-TaoPhoenix (September 06, 2015, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maroon?? Zoiks! ...It's supposed to be a brownish wood tone. I wonder what the rest of the world sees it as..

- It doesn't seem to be number pad aware yet. That's huge - Except my phone the only time I'd use a calc prog is with the number pad.-TaoPhoenix (September 06, 2015, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, and the number pad should work (it does here). Is there no response from anything, or is it just certain keys that don't seem to behave?
-Stoic Joker (September 06, 2015, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, it's def on the "ish" side of "brownish", I smashed out my comment and wasn't really thinking "how can I give useful feedback to this dev?" : )

But it is mutiplexed color theme, and that's what threw me off - it's an "ish" of "something".

Enough of that.

I get zero number pad events of any kind. I have no idea what that means. I'm starting to get used to weird bugs where it goes:
A. Give Skwire increased pulse rate because something that should work on my comp doesn't
B. Spread to other victims than Skwire - could be S-Joker here.
C. Ruin everyone's lives on general board posts when for ex I can't see any topic notification icons or changes of any kind (prob because of an obscure interaction of like 5 subtle things I did four years ago.)
D. Insert Madness into people's test results until they announce "anyone but Phoeni and his haunted system that runs anything except our stuff!"
E. General madness ensues and the President has to intervene.

Stoic Joker:
I get zero number pad events of any kind. I have no idea what that means.-TaoPhoenix (September 06, 2015, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's really bizarre, as it's the first thing I did ... Make sure the number pad, delete, backspace, and escape keys did what they were supposed to do for usability. I don't think I've ever used the top row of keys to type numbers unless I was stuck on a laptop.

Tomos seems to have the same ("wood grain") brown-ish-ness that I do, although he didn't mention if the number pad worked for him. All I can do at this point is wait-see who else (if anyone) chimes in on how this thing behaves for them to decide if it needs whacked with a hammer or something.

TaoPhoenix:
See, it works now.
For no reason.

Maybe because I rebooted for something else.

Condition/Add Phoeni's bug reports with entire dispensers of salt!

It's like "well, he got there, so it can happen, but are the rest of you okay before we throw him rope to pull him out?"

;D

Then again I've hand-nuked (badly) about seven virii on this system using 1998 tricks, so gawd only knows how it's even running. (The newest is TaobaoProtect that I think showed up with the Chinese Firefox. I ate all four of the folders it wants to install into and put null dead files with the same names into about three of them.)

tomos:
Tomos seems to have the same ("wood grain") brown-ish-ness that I do, although he didn't mention if the number pad worked for him.
-Stoic Joker (September 06, 2015, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was only looking at the screenshot above :-[ but the real thing looks the same
I had it already downloaded - but hadnt gotten round to actually trying it yet
but now I've given it a quick run:

Re numberpad etc -
the first time I tried it, no keyboard input worked - but once I added a few digits via mouse, and clicked CE a couple of times, then keyboard input was fine, including the numberpad.
On restarting it, keyboard input was immediately fine.

Oh yeah,
the buttons look different here to your screenshot..

Basic Calculator

PS the plus / minus / etc. keys aren't working here (should they be working?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version