ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (6/35) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Glad to hear it's still in the works. This is the one thing I'm probably more interested in seeing come to fruition than almost anything else here.

It's been talked about and discussed for so long. And now it looks like it will actually be happening. Go DoCo! And the folks who are making it come to pass. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (January 13, 2016, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh it is most definitely happening.  I couldn't give an ETA on it (and wouldn't want to because as with most projects this big...who really knows?  I could say 3 weeks then have to leave for a month for unexpected things {not that I plan to!!!})

One thing I can and will say however, is that as of right now, we do have a fair amount of work to do, but the majority of this is just deciding which pages are going to be killed off (there's a lot of junk from YEARS ago that nobody ever uses/views and is so out of date that it really serves no purpose...but needs to be online in order to not have a whole lot of dead links on the site) - This is really the main part that bogs us down and it's like trying to swim through custard...really REALLY tedious work, but..and I will quote mouser here: "We need to embrace tedious"...never have truer words been spoken haha!

40hz:
I will quote mouser here: "We need to embrace tedious"...never have truer words been spoken haha!
-Stephen66515 (January 13, 2016, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL! If there ever was a koan for dealing with information systems, I think Mouser just coined it! (That beats the old "Seek simplicity. Embrace complexity!" - which is also equally true.)  8)

ewemoa:
* ewemoa casts a blessing spell in the general direction of Stephen ;)

KynloStephen66515:
* ewemoa casts a blessing spell in the general direction of Stephen ;)-ewemoa (January 14, 2016, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I'm gonna need to buy some potions in order to not lose my mind whilst doing this!

SOOOOOO MANY OLD PAGES THAT NOBODY EVER USESSSSSSSS!

Seriously...My sanity is being put to the test haha

wraith808:
SOOOOOO MANY OLD PAGES THAT NOBODY EVER USESSSSSSSS!
-Stephen66515 (January 14, 2016, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey!  I use those pages!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version