ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In a world free from ads, one font reigns supreme. COMIC SANS!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I say Comic Sans is a perfect fit for the outburst of Comic Book Villain laughter over the demise of the Ads!

tomos:
I'm very disappointed - I've tried three browsers with adblockers and see no comic sans -

we want comic sans
we want comic sans
just once at least - then I'd add them to my adblocker white list.
I think it's a great fun way of getting the message across that they want us to allow them to show ads.

If I was inflexible about making an adblocker exception, I dont know how I'd feel - but I'd have to see it first, in comic sans I mean - go back to beginning of post and loop ;-)

app103:
I think they turned it off, because I am not seeing Comic Sans any more, or the extra yellow bar at the top with the cute little pro Comic Sans quips. :(

To be honest, I'd rather have the Comic Sans on every site, rather than the ads. I have never heard of anyone's PC becoming infected with malware and it being legitimately blamed on Comic Sans.

And a Greasemonkey script that changes all instances of Comic Sans found on any page, to Arial, would be trivial.

Of course if every site did something like this and each chose a different goofy font, it could become a bit more difficult.

There is a long running Papyrus joke at SitePoint, complete with screenshots of what the site would look like in all Papyrus, and it's a hoot...better than Comic Sans.  ;D

In a world free from ads, one font reigns supreme. COMIC SANS!

wraith808:
I think they turned it off, because I am not seeing Comic Sans any more, or the extra yellow bar at the top with the cute little pro Comic Sans quips. :(

To be honest, I'd rather have the Comic Sans on every site, rather than the ads. I have never heard of anyone's PC becoming infected with malware and it being legitimately blamed on Comic Sans.

And a Greasemonkey script that changes all instances of Comic Sans found on any page, to Arial, would be trivial.

Of course if every site did something like this and each chose a different goofy font, it could become a bit more difficult.

There is a long running Papyrus joke at SitePoint, complete with screenshots of what the site would look like in all Papyrus, and it's a hoot...better than Comic Sans.  ;D

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-app103 (September 04, 2015, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are other, more constructive ways to do it.  Like mouser said, it's not a choice between comics sans or some other stupid trick and ads.  There are creative ways to monetize your site and not use ads.  The comic sans bit?  I just won't go to the site.  It's the reason I support stuff like Google Contribute and Patreon and Kickstarter and other platforms that give the content creators a way to monetize their sites without resorting to ads or tricks.

JavaJones:
Hah! "Unearth hidden gems with our rails deep dive" somehow changes meaning completely with Papyrus font. Suddenly it evokes images of a LotR "Mines of Moria" quest or something. Amazing how much context a mere font can imply.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version