ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In a world free from ads, one font reigns supreme. COMIC SANS!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Edvard:
Comic Sans all the way.  Bring it.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30703.msg285720
I'm Comic Sans, A**hole
You think I’m a malformed, pathetic excuse for a font. Well think again, nerdhole, because I’m Comic Sans, and I’m the best thing to happen to typography since Johannes f***ing Gutenberg.
--- End quote ---

P.S. I'm still looking for a monospace Comic Sans-like in bitmap font format.  To code in.   8)

eleman:
Really? The site shows up in Arial on my PC with AdGuard running.
-x16wda (September 02, 2015, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here with ublock origin.

"Adblock Warning Removal List" and "Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek" are selected; I guess that does the trick.

bit:
quote:
Poll
Would you rather see an internet full of ads? Or Comic Sans?
    ads
    Comic Sans
end quote. Say what?  :-\

Deozaan:
There's nothing wrong with Comic Sans except the fact that everybody liked it so it got used everywhere.

It's like ending your sentence with a preposition. There's really nothing wrong with it from a grammatical point of view. But grade school teachers forbade it to keep it from being overdone by young students and eventually entire generations grew up thinking it was always bad all the time.

TaoPhoenix:
There's nothing wrong with Comic Sans except the fact that everybody liked it so it got used everywhere.

It's like ending your sentence with a preposition. There's really nothing wrong with it from a grammatical point of view. But grade school teachers forbade it to keep it from being overdone by young students and eventually entire generations grew up thinking it was always bad all the time.
-Deozaan (September 03, 2015, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, Comic Sans has been the subject of ... rants... before. Last I recall some articles, it was a combo of it being in one of the Microsoft releases way back, and then a couple of quirks of history picked it up and off it went.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version