topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: AppSumo presents SitePoint Premium deal of a lifetime  (Read 18328 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AppSumo presents SitePoint Premium deal of a lifetime
« on: September 01, 2015, 01:08 AM »
As some of you may know, I have been working for SitePoint/Learnable for a couple of years, now, so when I tell you that this deal is unprecedented, consider where it's coming from.*

AppSumo is presenting a deal for a LIFETIME membership to SitePoint Premium (formerly Learnable) for $49, and that comes with unlimited downloads of all our books and courses.

You pay $49, once, and you get access to all of our book and course that we have now and every book and course we will ever release in the future.

Annual memberships are currently worth $108 per year, so this is a serious unprecedented bargain on something we have never offered before...lifetime memberships. (if and when we do offer this plan for sale on our site, it's likely to be priced at $500 or more)

Now, this is a limited time offer, good for the first 5000 that manage to take advantage of it before they are all gone. So, if you want it, hop on it now and don't wait.

* Disclaimer: I work for SitePoint but they have not encouraged nor offered me any compensation to make this post.

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AppSumo presents SitePoint Premium deal of a lifetime
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 02:15 AM »
Definitely a great deal if you read a lot of IT related books and/or like to view training  videos about IT topics as well.

My ONLY problem after I bought this deal was that the Appsumo redemption URL takes you to the Sitepoint website, has you create a new user account, then proceeds with the  rest of the redemption process.
A GREAT walk-through for people NEW to Sitepoint.

But......I have had a Sitepoint account for years. I'd like to keep it and would like to maintain only ONE site point account, if possible.

I cannot find any way to ADD the $49 LIFETIME ACCESS deal into my existing sitepoint user profile.
I have trouble-tickets submitted to both Appsumo and Sitepoint.
(I bet they make me create a new, secondary user account JUST for this new, $49 deal).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing, app!  :up:

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 07:41 AM »
I cannot find any way to ADD the $49 LIFETIME ACCESS deal into my existing sitepoint user profile.
I have trouble-tickets submitted to both Appsumo and Sitepoint.
(I bet they make me create a new, secondary user account JUST for this new, $49 deal).

I just added it to my existing Sitepoint account.

1 - Log into Sitepoint
2 - Purchase the AppSumo deal (or go to the product in your AppSumo purchases)
3 - Click the link under Code (it is the url with /voucher/ in the address)
4 - You will get to a screen that says you have a voucher and there will be a button to apply the voucher to your account
5 - Verify by going to "Membership" in your profile

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 07:48 AM »
Very nice, thanks :Thmbsup:.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:11 AM »
@app - Thx for the heads up. My GF is a big fan of SitePoint books. She has several.

Purchased it for my GF. Unfortunately it appears there's a glitch with redeeming the voucher. Which surprised me because I've purchased discounts deals through AppSumo before and never had a problem.

This from AppSumo:

UPDATE: It appears some accounts are being suspended.

No need to worry.

I'm sure this is just a technical glitch as they created this lifetime account just for us and this is the first time ever promoting it. It probably triggered their billing system by accident.

Just emailed SitePoint to have this fixed this ASAP.

I'm guessing this will get resolved in fairly short order.

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 08:50 AM »
@app - Thx for the heads up. My GF is a big fan of SitePoint books. She has several.

Purchased it for my GF. Unfortunately it appears there's a glitch with redeeming the voucher. Which surprised me because I've purchased discounts deals through AppSumo before and never had a problem.

Looks like that issue has been resolved.  AppSumo has a new update:

UPDATE #1: All suspension issues are NOW FIXED! Additionally, all accounts now have offline access. Sorry about the "Sumo Effect" issues and enjoy! :-)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 09:32 AM »
…this deal is unprecedented…

Thanks for pointing this out  :Thmbsup:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 11:40 AM »
Thanks App!  That was awesome!  I'd signed up before for learnable at your recommendation, and liked what was there... but had no time to take a look.  This makes it so I can do it at my convenience.

Thanks a lot!

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 08:19 PM »
Went back to try again and noticed the redemption link had TWO sitepoint user account options:
1. create a new user account
2. Log-in to existing account.

I logged into my account, claimed the voucher and now my account toggled to Sitepoint Premium.
No more $99/annual fees. ;D

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Thanks app  :Thmbsup:

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 10:05 AM »
Looks like a dang good deal, but digging around on the SitePoint site it appears that most of their stuff is heavily centered around web design. That's not really my wheelhouse.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Looks like a dang good deal, but digging around on the SitePoint site it appears that most of their stuff is heavily centered around web design. That's not really my wheelhouse.

Yes, our primary focus is web development & design, and there is very little that would be of use to anyone that wasn't interested in these topics, specifically. Even our Photoshop courses are focused on using Photoshop for web design, which is something that is usually less emphasized in the Photoshop course offerings of other services.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 11:26 AM »

UPDATE #1: All suspension issues are NOW FIXED! Additionally, all accounts now have offline access. Sorry about the "Sumo Effect" issues and enjoy! :-)

That was something we didn't anticipate and it has been fixed...and it was fixed quite quickly, I must add. :)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 01:30 PM »

That was something we didn't anticipate and it has been fixed...and it was fixed quite quickly, I must add. :)

It was. Within a few hours as I guessed it would be in my OP. But AppSumo and Sitepoint/Learnable have been doing the web thing for quite a while. And I've dealt with both before. So I wasn't the least bit concerned unlike I can be with some of those "bundle" offers. Because I've had a few times where there were problems downloading or retrieving something I bought through those deals, and the bundle seller just washed their hands and said to contact the company that made the product for resolution. One reason I very seldom buy anything through those people any more.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Yes, our primary focus is web development & design, and there is very little that would be of use to anyone that wasn't interested in these topics, specifically.

Our? SitePoint is your employer? Just curious.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Yes, our primary focus is web development & design, and there is very little that would be of use to anyone that wasn't interested in these topics, specifically.

below from the OP -
easy enough to miss though ;-)

* Disclaimer: I work for SitePoint but they have not encouraged nor offered me any compensation to make this post.
Tom

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 08:18 AM »

below from the OP -
easy enough to miss though ;-)

Also from the OP:

As some of you may know, I have been working for SitePoint/Learnable for a couple of years, now, so when I tell you that this deal is unprecedented, consider where it's coming from.*

I have been a member of their support staff for the last 2 years, and very recently promoted to Support Manager. I have disclosed my affiliation on every thread that I have started about any SitePoint/Learnable deals, since I started working there.  And I don't post about all of their deals...just the more exciting ones. :)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 10:08 AM »
And its very much appreciated!  :Thmbsup:

And I'm even happier that things are going well for you there!  8) :Thmbsup:

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 12:08 PM »
I have been a member of their support staff for the last 2 years, and very recently promoted to Support Manager. I have disclosed my affiliation on every thread that I have started about any SitePoint/Learnable deals, since I started working there.  And I don't post about all of their deals...just the more exciting ones. :)

That's very cool and congrats on your promotion. I wasn't trying to hint that anything untoward was happening. I don't get out much and my attention-span varies depending on the day so I figured I just missed something. :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Off topic: Innuendo please set a custom avatar for yourself in your profile -- someone who has been around as long as you have on this forum deserves a recognizable avatar!

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 02:46 PM »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Off topic: Innuendo please set a custom avatar for yourself in your profile -- someone who has been around as long as you have on this forum deserves a recognizable avatar!

Maybe I'll come up with a totally awesome avatar....but probably not. We'll see.

llc_silly

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • LLC
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Yeahhhhh!!! The Deal Is Back!

http://www.appsumo.c...oint-lifetime-offer/

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Yeahhhhh!!! The Deal Is Back!

http://www.appsumo.c...oint-lifetime-offer/

And if you miss it, there is another special going on for the rest of this week, where you can sign up or renew your current membership for either

• a monthly membership (online access only, with no downloads) for $7 per month (normally $15 per month)
  • an annual membership (unlimited downloads) for $48 (normally $108 per year)
  • a lifetime membership (unlimited downloads) for $199 (never offered on-site before, but valued at $450)

And for the monthly and annual memberships, that's not just for the first month....that's for as long as you remain a member and don't do anything that switches you to another plan.  ;)

For new members: https://www.sitepoint.com/premium/join

For existing members: https://www.sitepoin...remium/account/plans