ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (56/81) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I think logically there is something to be said for not having links bolded by default -- just because it enables SOME links to be bolded for emphasis; other than that I am ambivalent.
Let's try it this way for a week and make a decision at that point.
Screenshots above show the difference in look -- or you can always use a local css file to override the site css.
-mouser (September 08, 2015, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me on my admittedly creaky system, I have no idea what any of you are talking about. No new colors, no new icons, the works.

mouser:
the links there used to be bold, now they are normal.

wraith808:
Ok I have switched to a default of non-bolded hyperlinks; i still bold them in a few places (like inside posts) to make them more readable, but elsewhere back to non-bolded.
Remember to hit F5 to force a re-load of the css file to see the changes.

Let me know if you folks like this look better or worse.
-mouser (September 08, 2015, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd vote for the default being bolded - well, for thread titles anyways. I found them easier to read bold.
-tomos (September 08, 2015, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1.

JavaJones:
Came to the forum this morning and went to my usual Unread: All view and *woah*, no eye strain/brain overload/whatever! It was seriously a strongly different feeling, almost *relief*. I know that sounds crazy. But needless to say I really prefer the non-bold links, at least in topic lists. Within threads bold links would be OK, though IMO not necessarily an improvement. But in big lists it's just fatiguing somehow (to me at least).

One notable benefit that has been mentioned but perhaps not focused on is that stickied topics are bold by default in SMF. I had forgotten that, but coming back to the forum I noticed immediately in the topic lists and remembered that I hadn't been able to tell stickied/important topics from others on the new forum. Just goes to show there are sometimes issues that you notice but can't necessarily identify or put your finger on. So experimentation is good, it helps us get new perspectives on things. :D

- Oshyan

tomos:
^ wondering if screensize makes a difference:
on a smaller screen (FHD 15.6") I do find unbolded thread titles more difficult to read - maybe I'll get used to it though.

I think it's also to do with the fact there is not so much contrast between the default link colour and the grey background - when not bold, then harder (for me) to read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version