ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (54/81) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
can you just confirm to me that we are talking about the same list? maybe a screenshot,
-mouser (September 06, 2015, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

//There is an image here...but the forum has cocked up with the quoting problem again so I removed it.

I'd expect 1 name (and not my own) to "stand out from the crowd", here :-[
(Screenshot taken from Pale Moon)
-Ath (September 07, 2015, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Buddy?  What's a buddy?!?
-wraith808 (September 07, 2015, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

In your profile you can create a list of buddies (doesn't have to be reciprocal).
Buddy list is just an easier way to see when someone on your buddy list is online currently.
-mouser (September 07, 2015, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Target:
could be this has already been discussed but I couldn't see it

I find that there isn't enough contrast between pinned threads and everything else (eg the living room) particularly when viewed on a small device (like my 10" netbook).  Did the old format have a dedicated icon (I can't remember, but it was quite plain)

Not a biggy by any means, it just takes me a bit longer to get to the 'current' threads

mouser:
I'd love to see what the unread:all page looks like without the bold. Was it set this way (all links are bold) in the previous forum? Because if not that might explain a sense of something being "off" here that I hadn't put my finger on yet, in which case I'd prefer non-bold links by default. I think changing the color of visited links to better differentiate them is a better solution than bolding them all.
-JavaJones (September 07, 2015, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps we should try unbolded links for a bit and see if they are preferred;  I think perhaps the old forum did not use bolded links.   I intended to keep a working backup of the old forum for comparison purposes but due to unforseen circumstances i was not able to keep it online (though obviously i still have all the files to inspect manually).

mouser:
I find that there isn't enough contrast between pinned threads and everything else (eg the living room) particularly when viewed on a small device (like my 10" netbook).  Did the old format have a dedicated icon (I can't remember, but it was quite plain)
-Target (September 07, 2015, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check again now please (make sure to F5 to reload css).

mouser:
Ok I have switched to a default of non-bolded hyperlinks; i still bold them in a few places (like inside posts) to make them more readable, but elsewhere back to non-bolded.
Remember to hit F5 to force a re-load of the css file to see the changes.

Let me know if you folks like this look better or worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version