ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (21/81) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
rj, can you elaborate a little bit -- since i don't often view the pages that show replies to my posts, i'm not familiar with what used to be shown/possible from there.

or to put it a different way -- im not sure if you are saying that there was a page of replies that used to behave differently, or use to have additional options, or if you are saying just that you used to be able to ignore topics on a one by one basis -- and if the latter -- can someone tell me how this option to ignore a topic was presented -- i.e. where the choice to do that was.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Explained on IRC since I didn't notice you asking this here and I want the same thing...but to clarify for others:

On this page: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=unreadreplies there used to be an option that allowed you to select which posts you wanted to never hear from again - sometimes we post in things and the discussion becomes irrelevant to us and we lose interest - on DC2 we can only mark as read which is a pain when you comment on a lot of different topics that you lose interest in so being able to "Ignore Selected Topics In The Future" is a pretty nice thing to have (Which we did on the old server)

mouser:
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement with the upgrade.. I know sometimes change can be unnerving, and I know it can take some time to adjust to changes.

The new forum code is 100x cleaner and easier to maintain than the old codebase, which was my main motivation for the upgrade -- so I'm thrilled with the results in that respect.  And I feel 100x better about customizing stuff now.

So if there are still parts of the site that continue to rub people the wrong way after a week or two, or just feel less efficient than on the old forum, we'll fix them.

rjbull:
rj, can you elaborate a little bit-mouser (August 31, 2015, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Competently explained by Stephen66515, to whom my thanks  :)

mouser:
Ok I think i see now the old code for ignoring threads to keep them off those pages of recent posts..
Im going to look into adding that back, just give me a bit -- the feature was provided by non-trivial modifications that we made on the original forum that was tied into the ability to mark threads in a variety of ways (to ignore, to bookmark, to rate), etc., and so it's non-trivial to add back.

There is a good chance i will port in the old code and we will get back the ability to ignore and bookmark topics like before, but i want to make sure it's done right.

ewemoa:
The new forum code is 100x cleaner and easier to maintain than the old codebase, which was my main motivation for the upgrade -- so I'm thrilled with the results in that respect.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now I like the upgrade so much more ;)

And I feel 100x better about customizing stuff now.

--- End quote ---

If not already using some sort of revision control, please consider :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version