topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 8:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Yahoo email beta looks quite neat and includes an RSS reader  (Read 3701 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The new Yahoo email (Beta) looks quite good to use. It has tabbed browing for reading and jumping between emails, spam filtering (hopefully they are working to improve this) plus an RSS feed reader. Here are a couple of images:

Email:

RSS:

The panes resize as you change the shape of the window and it seems to work fine in IE and Firefox.

You can also drag and drop email around your folders.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Yahoo email beta looks quite neat and includes an RSS reader
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:18 PM »
WOW! Really really nice. Yahoo! Mail was always the best of webmail providers, and this is going better. Both GMail and the new version of Hotmail pales in comparison. I'm beta testing the beta of Hotmail right now, and although is way better than the current version (it's so bad they could only make it better), it's nowhere near as slick. Nice nice...

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Only niggle is that it is a bit slow at times, but that could be for other reasons or maybe just because it is in beta and needs some optimization. Feels very like working in Outlook Express on the web.

One weird thing (which I am sure will be changed) is that when you click on to Options you go back to the old interface to set them ...

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:15 PM »
An issue I have found is that it doesn't subscribe to RSS feeds from DonationCoder. I suspect that is because the links used are accessed via PHP, it doesn't seem to have probs with direct .XML links.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 02:17 PM by Carol Haynes »