ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The stupid windows 10

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
Surely he must first find & keep the license key?
-Curt (August 23, 2015, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aparently not (dc link)

Contro:
Doesn't your story just confirm that Goldmine CRM isn't yet tested/updated for Windows 10? That should have probably been your first investigation, before taking the deep-dive into Win10...

For now I'd suggest to revert to your previous Windows (8.1), and wait for an official update of Goldmine to get Win10 compatiblity; the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:
-Ath (August 23, 2015, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood Ath.
I have returned with ease to windows 8.1
Takes me go to ten about one hour and a half with all ready.
And 20 minutes goes back

But I obtain an image before doing

The problem is with the UAC feature.

Contro:
I cannot imagine Windows 10 itself should be the problem, Contro. It's more likely the settings in Win 10 that you need to test some more; there are quite many, but at first the right setting can be difficult to even find. Keep looking inside "Settings" and in the security programs!

-Curt (August 23, 2015, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure Curt. You will do. I am not able. I have returned because after unable the UAC i can't execute the macros. It's a simple problem.

I modify the windows registry as i do in windows 8.1 but was not enough.

The program hangs all interaction. In the program and outside. Seem a blockage of the system. But when invoked the Task Manager we can continue.

:-\

Contro:
...the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:-Ath (August 23, 2015, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since Contro has already claimed his free upgrade, it's his to keep forever with no deadline on needing to reinstall it before a certain date.

As for Goldmine CRM, I found on this Goldmine blog the following post dated July 24, 2015:

GoldMine and Windows 10 - latest news from the authors

GoldMine's test for compatibility will start as soon as Windows 10 will be officially released. Compatibility testing will be done usually only on major releases, so for example GMPE 2015.2 or then in GMPE 2016.1 etc. They do not test compatibility on any hot fix releases. At this point they are very optimistic that it will be included on the compatibility matrix for GMPE 2015.2 (the fall release for GMPE) although this is no final confirmation.

Until then if you experience any issues (maybe in a test environment) of GMPE 2015.1 please go ahead and log an incident with us. Although we may say that it is currently not yet tested we will definitely try to replicate and if applicable log with our Development.

Wizard Systems are currently running the latest GoldMine on Windows 10 with a couple of Users so far without any issues.

Stay tuned for further news.
--- End quote ---

Looks like you may have to wait till the Fall patch, Contro.
-Innuendo (August 23, 2015, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a little more difficult for me.
But I suppose that the UAC features imposed by Microsoft affecting other old programs may be solved.
In this case seems another thing additionally i can't determine.

But I will try my very best in the next future to state the problem.

BTW . The experience going to ten was not good for me. Seems more slow the system in general. But the return was easy and fast.

I am a lover of dBASE files, not SQL. And i am not ready to change.
I will virtualize goldmine before going to SQL.
 :-[

Contro:
...the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:-Ath (August 23, 2015, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Since Contro has already claimed his free upgrade, it's his to keep forever with no deadline on needing to reinstall it before a certain date.-Innuendo (August 23, 2015, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Surely he must first find & keep the license key?

Product key can easily be found by using NirSoft ProduKey: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

-Curt (August 23, 2015, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not necessary in the update. It's all automatic. I forgot to take an image before the update. But take one after the update and recently another one with my return.

I think meanwhile not change the pc is all the same to microsoft. I am a windows 10 user, i am a windows 8.1 user.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version