ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The stupid windows 10

<< < (3/4) > >>

Contro:
Surely he must first find & keep the license key?
-Curt (August 23, 2015, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aparently not (dc link)
-tomos (August 23, 2015, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're right Tomos
 :P

Contro:
Doesn't your story just confirm that Goldmine CRM isn't yet tested/updated for Windows 10? That should have probably been your first investigation, before taking the deep-dive into Win10...

For now I'd suggest to revert to your previous Windows (8.1), and wait for an official update of Goldmine to get Win10 compatiblity; the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:
-Ath (August 23, 2015, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think Goldmine is prepared.
I am a fan of my goldmine version. Of course i don't have the last one.
I have reverted to windows 8.1 and will wait for windows 13 for my goldmine.

:-[

Contro:
My question with windows 11 is this :

Can Microsoft sells that version is windows 10 have no cost ?
 :o

Is a gift or a necessary reaction to something, someone ?

Really in DC must be members that knows these answers.

:-[

Ath:
The update from Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 are free for the lifetime of the system, new systems will need a normal, bought, license. They will be included with new PC's like Win7/Win8.1 have been, but then they are not, and have never been, free! There will also be Systembuilder licenses for the home-building croud, just like previous Windows versions had.

TaoPhoenix:
Doesn't your story just confirm that Goldmine CRM isn't yet tested/updated for Windows 10? That should have probably been your first investigation, before taking the deep-dive into Win10...

For now I'd suggest to revert to your previous Windows (8.1), and wait for an official update of Goldmine to get Win10 compatiblity; the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:
-Ath (August 23, 2015, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

A little off topic, but it seems to me that the OS drives the dicussions. So this is what y'all are doing: upgrade (getting into low level glitches etc), then seeing what programs have been re-written for Win 10, or not. There are some thousand programs out there, so if the raw OS works, sounds like this story will repeat for various scenarios of each application program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version