ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Windows 10 won't run games with commonly hated DRM platforms

(1/2) > >>

wraith808:
Windows 10 won't run games with SafeDisc or Securom DRM

Microsoft has announced that it will block games utilizing SafeDisc or Securom DRM on Windows 10, citing security concerns owing to a lack of support by the companies that made them.

--- End quote ---

To add insult to injury, SafeDisc is saying that Microsoft should have been the one to do the updates.

TaoPhoenix:

This is actually a fascinating new angle to the DRM wars!

Deozaan:
Weird. I hope I don't have any games that use SecuROM and SafeDisc. I haven't delved much into my game collection since installing Windows 10 on my machine.

wraith808:
Weird. I hope I don't have any games that use SecuROM and SafeDisc. I haven't delved much into my game collection since installing Windows 10 on my machine.
-Deozaan (August 22, 2015, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are some ON STEAM that use SecuROM.  I don't purchase those.  And I'm glad.

A couple of examples of games on my wishlist that I've held out from purchasing:

Tron: Evolution

Batman: Arkham Asylum did - they removed it from the GOTY (I'd already purchased it somewhere else because of that)

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition did... but they removed it, so I bought it.

PC Gaming's Wiki has a list of SecuROM games (and other DRM Games) on Steam.

Deozaan:
Thanks for that. I do have a few, such as Fable 3. I guess I'll have to figure something out if I ever want to play those again. . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version