topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Chrome Cleanup Tool  (Read 3556 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Chrome Cleanup Tool
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:41 AM »
I was having some 'Aw, snap' errors and some cursory googling led me to Chrome Cleanup Tool and was wondering if anyone here have any experiences with this Chrome Cleanup Tool?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chrome Cleanup Tool
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 12:46 PM »
I was having some 'Aw, snap' errors and some cursory googling led me to Chrome Cleanup Tool and was wondering if anyone here have any experiences with this Chrome Cleanup Tool?

I have.  It does exactly what it says.  Which is more than you probably think it does.  It basically returns Chrome to the just installed state.  Everything.  Including profiles, bookmarks... everything.  I thought it was just to remove bad things.  But it removes EVERYTHING.  Can you tell I was a bit pissed when I used it?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chrome Cleanup Tool
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 11:12 PM »
I have.  It does exactly what it says.  Which is more than you probably think it does.  It basically returns Chrome to the just installed state.  Everything.  Including profiles, bookmarks... everything.  I thought it was just to remove bad things.  But it removes EVERYTHING.  Can you tell I was a bit pissed when I used it?

so one can assume that this app is just like if one manually uninstalls and reinstall the browser. thanks wraith808, your reply has saved me a lot of trouble!  :up: