topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Macrium Reflect 6.1 build 1023  (Read 4099 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:03 PM by MilesAhead »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Macrium Reflect 6.1 build 909
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 06:48 AM »
Thanks!  Macrium does such a good job I should look for a reason to get at least one paid license.

The CNet and Major Geeks and FileHippo files are the exact same size, so CNet apparently does not put any wrapper in there. (CNet is available from Macrium)  SnapFiles is behind on the new file.

Steven

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Macrium Reflect 6.1 build 909
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:05 AM »
Thanks!  Macrium does such a good job I should look for a reason to get at least one paid license.

The CNet and Major Geeks and FileHippo files are the exact same size, so CNet apparently does not put any wrapper in there. (CNet is available from Macrium)  SnapFiles is behind on the new file.

Steven

I was skeptical about incremental backup and restore.  Now I don't want to do without it.  They have the diff algorithms down.  Esp. on GPT HD I can often do a restore in about 5 min. once the program is booted and actually starts processing.  Plus, at least with the older WinPE boot USB if I browse images I can restore to the one I double click almost like a time machine deal.

I am using it with Rollback RX Pro.  The fly in the ointment is the need to uninstall Rollback before saving a Macrium image so that the restore will produce a bootable system.  Once you get 10 or 12 snapshots in Rollback the uninstall seems to slow down even if you delete most of the snapshots first.  But I make up the time with incremental backup.  It is usually about a 5 minute job unless I installed a lot of software.

The only way to back up the snapshots is to completely back up the system disk.  On Macrium that would require sector by sector backup.  I don't have the storage space for that.  I need the compression to get the image on my USB stick.  But it is workable.  I probably wouldn't go through all the gyrations if System Restore worked on my Laptop.  But Rollback gives me a substitute.

Edit: btw I am using Macrium 6.1 Server edition.  I'm not sure if the incremental backup/restore is the same on all versions that have it.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:24 AM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Macrium Reflect 6.1 build 1000
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 03:56 PM »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile