ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Automatic Update Reboots

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
I don't get it. What's so hard about changing the setting to "Notify to schedule restart"?-Deozaan (August 12, 2015, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not that it's "hard" to change the setting...it's that both of the only two options made available assert that "Mom" has a clock on your ass, and you will be doing this reboot post haste regardless of any rationalized extenuating circumstances that you wish to concoct. Because it only gives you a maximum of 4 days in which to schedule said reboot...and that - of course - assumes that you actually saw the fleetingly displayed warning that IT was about to hit the fan..

...And that simply doesn't fit with the definition of "My Computer" in my world. While I grasp the implication and necessity of timely patch management. I still reserve the right to be involved in something that may require I be just a bit noncommittal about when it is convenient for me to let "Mom" get her knickers out of a twist. Because only about 3% of the constant flow of patches are actually applicably urgent for some real and plausible security threat. So I'll be damned if I'm going to be stampeded over a cliff **every 5 minutes because some anal electronic hall monitor wants to keep a nice tidy checklist.

I'll reboot when I damn well please, and not a millisecond sooner. In the mean time the system is welcome to patch its ass half crazy ... Just as long as it doesn't interrupt me or WTF ever I'm doing. It works for me...not the other way around.

**And by this I'm eluding to the already count of 2 WU initiated boot loops that Win10 has foisted on the public in as many weeks.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version