ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone running Firefox 40.0 stable release?

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
^thanks Deo, I had forgotten what it was

MilesAhead:
I thought the thing about 32 bit software was it could not use up all your CPU :huh:
(edit// 4 cores)
-tomos (August 12, 2015, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

32-bit software can't use up all your RAM if you have more than 4GB. (And maybe it was even limited to 2GB per application on 32-bit OSes?)
-Deozaan (August 12, 2015, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe if you are determined to use up all your ram you can configure the memory above 4 GB as disk cache.  But I never tried it.  I'm not sure if you can do ram disk as well.  I never looked into it that deeply.

f0dder:
I thought the thing about 32 bit software was it could not use up all your CPU :huh:
(edit// 4 cores)
-tomos (August 12, 2015, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
32-bit software can't use up all your RAM if you have more than 4GB. (And maybe it was even limited to 2GB per application on 32-bit OSes?)
-Deozaan (August 12, 2015, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Depends on how the application was built - old 32bit Windows applications can only use 2GB (unless they're funky and AWEsome), whereas LARGEADDRESSAWARE linked applications can get really, really close to 4GB on a 64bit system, or 3GB on a 32bit system with that special boot option.

mwb1100:
If I check for update in FF 39.03 it says FF is up to date.  Mozilla.org shows no FF 40.0 stable.  But Snapfiles and Softpedia do.  It gets weirder all the time.

Edit:  Just checked Mozilla again.  Now it has 40.0 for download.  How can they get beat at their own game?  Seems pretty strange.  Check for update is still 40.0 unaware.
-MilesAhead (August 12, 2015, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since they have more than 100 million users, I would expect some staging of updates to occur.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version