ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capturing Scrolling Pages

<< < (5/5)

mouser:
ahhhhhh i see

always nice to hear when a problem is not my fault.  doesn't happen often :P

SuperMan:
Zounds!  :)

Totally not your fault or an SC bug!

The coincidences are just too much!

The Red Box Capture tool puts a red line around the captured object which in this case was the whole Firefox application window.

The sandbox I am using also puts a red line around the whole Firefox window.

The stubborn red line I was seeing around the windows stitched together in my images was actually the red line from the sandbox program which Screenshot Captor *correctly* included as part of the capture, NOT the SC red line.

Talk about a funny coincidence!

But....

I also noted above that the red lines that appeared in the window where you stitch the scrolled slides together (which were actually the lines from the sandbox) were really useful in that window because they showed you precisely were the edges of each slide was.  That makes it easier to properly space them.  So I suggested that maybe putting some semitransparent red lines around the slides in the stitching window might be a nice enhancement!

Sorry I caused so much confusion about all this!  :-\

mouser:
I also noted above that the red lines that appeared in the window where you stitch the scrolled slides together (which were actually the lines from the sandbox) were really useful in that window because they showed you precisely were the edges of each slide was.  That makes it easier to properly space them.  So I suggested that maybe putting some semitransparent red lines around the slides in the stitching window might be a nice enhancement!
--- End quote ---

you know that is an interesting idea.. like a button to toggle semi-transparent red lines showing the stitching locations in the preview, so you could very quickly identify the overlap areas for inspection.  neat idea! putting it on my todo list.

SuperMan:
Perfect!  Thanks mouser!  :D

They say some of the greatest inventions of mankind were initially the result of a mistake.

(that must mean I've had a lot of great inventions!  :o)

The one that I know of was when the 3M company was working in their lab trying to create a formula for a strong glue.  It failed because it was so weak it could hardly hold anything together.  So they were ready to scrap it and start over when one of their crew had an idea.  Hence the birth of sticky notes!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version