ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Program Proposal: "File Master" Cataloging Software

<< < (5/5)

wraith808:
WinCatalog 2015 might be worth a purchase/trial: (I'm thinking about it...)
This programme seems to be continually updated :up:
Paid upgrade seems to be only every few years (if you own 2011 version it is still a free upgrade to 2015 version).

2015 version (including updates - "for noncommercial use") currently on offer for $14.99 this week via SharewareOnSale.
-tomos (August 18, 2015, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
-IainB (August 18, 2015, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I actually have a serial to it, and put it aside after purchasing (yes, I'm very wasteful).

From what I remember when I used it, it's really disk cataloging software, where I was looking for file cataloging.  You couldn't break things up into different catalogs on a particular disk.  It cataloged the whole disk, which wasn't what I needed.  It seemed to be aimed at those that had several disks (either HDD or DVD, etc) and wanted to know what was on each particular physical disk without having to insert them.  Useful, certainly, but not what I was looking for.  Not sure if it's changed substantially since then- looking through my registrations, this was admittedly back in 2007.

IainB:
^^ Well, I've just bought a US$14.99 licence. WinCatalog 2015 has virtual folders and lots of other features, so it might well be able to do what you seem to require there, though I am unsure whether it meets the requirements in the OP. We shall see.

wraith808:
I communicated with the developer, and he was very nice!  I downloaded it- and saw what you were saying, and I'll be trying it a bit more, and probably buying it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version