ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (12/26) > >>

anandcoral:
I think MS had made the mobile team to work on desktop versions. May be cost cutting from mobile development.

These chaps assume that the "program" will always have the net connection, location, voice etc. (true for mobile device). So they code that way.

I am saying this from my 20 years experience in our organization. Our company put one team on another type of project and it takes another six months to figure out and clean up why a DBF/NTX database program crashing if the machine do not have net connection.  >:(

Or MS is saving on developers money by making same Win10 code to run for both mobile and desktop. My desktop location says Mumbai due to ISP server, though the desktop is at far east Kolkata. Let me see what Cortana offers me in "my" location she sees.  :D

Regards,

Anand

Curt:
Let me see what Cortana offers me-anandcoral (August 18, 2015, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

does this mean that the previous problem has been solved?

What should I do ? Wait till "Get Windows 10" enables "Upgrade" option ?
I am afraid to click "Get started" in "Windows update" 
-anandcoral (August 16, 2015, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

:tellme:

anandcoral:
 does this mean that the previous problem has been solved?

What should I do ? Wait till "Get Windows 10" enables "Upgrade" option ?
I am afraid to click "Get started" in "Windows update" 
-anandcoral (August 16, 2015, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

-Curt (August 18, 2015, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.

Since I did not got any reply on that, I clicked on "Get started". It turn out that it will start downloading the Win10 updated then. I prayed to GOD to give stable connection for at least 3 hours to get it done, as I found out on each disruption of net connection, the Win10 download starts from zero.

The Cortana mesg I wrote while still in Win8.1, as my location shows far west at Mumbai in IP search.

Regards,

Anand

myarmor:
lol, I got an advertisement/mail for O&O Shutup10 just now..with the subtext "Free Antispy tool for Windows 10...".
Somehow it doesn't make me want W10 more than I did.

tomos:
Shutup10-myarmor (August 19, 2015, 03:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

lol is right. Shutup10 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version