ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (21/26) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm running WinPrivacy on Windows 10... and I just got the weirdest request for internet access.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingFinance_4.5.168.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.MSN.Money.exe

I don't even have money installed!
-wraith808 (September 08, 2015, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Money is an app that comes with Windows 10.

My guess is that it's trying to update the "Live Tile" info.

ewemoa:
You could do it with Powershell by using it to do the updates rather than relying on the Windows Update application, so rather than the reactive approach in the script above it would be proactive.

ie. Powershell fetches a list of updates available, compares against a list of unwanted KBs, hides any if found, and then invokes auto-update (which will automatically skip Hidden updates), or does the other updates itself.

So goes the theory.
-4wd (September 08, 2015, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm...that would involve changing operational procedures :)  If I'm willing to go that far, perhaps I should look around (or wait) for more options to appear.  At any rate, it seems like keeping an eye out for an alternative approach to updating seems in order.

Thanks for your thoughts!

4wd:
Hmm...that would involve changing operational procedures :)  If I'm willing to go that far, perhaps I should look around (or wait) for more options to appear.  At any rate, it seems like keeping an eye out for an alternative approach to updating seems in order.-ewemoa (September 09, 2015, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been having a play:

phitsc:
That looks very interesting. Can you also list (or remove) unwanted updates which have already been installed?

4wd:
That looks very interesting. Can you also list (or remove) unwanted updates which have already been installed?-phitsc (September 09, 2015, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what the script I wrote up here does, although it just goes ahead and uninstalls them, (or at least tries).

But I was thinking of combining it with this one since it can use the same list of unwanted KBs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version