ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Caption jpg files

<< < (2/5) > >>

John Alaska:
Perhaps I should have been more specific. What I was trying to convey, and did so poorly, is that each file has a different name (about 1000) and they all reside in 1 folder.  There is no no relationship between the file names other than that they are all jpegs. Wallpapers of different parts of the world, actually. I want to take the title and add the text to the image, in a place of my choosing, to avoid having to right click the image to see what it depicts. I was thinking some sort of OCR restricted to the title block. Or am I just wishing for the impossible? To be a little more clear, I have changed the image titles on many of the jpeg so they don't accurately reflect what's in the meta data.

MilesAhead:
ImageMagic as described here:
http://ask.metafilter.com/107722/Batch-Adding-Text-File-Name-to-JPEG-Images

sounds like it may be what you want.

mouser:
This absolutely sounds like it should already exist.

A simple easy to use utility that can batch add captions to images, with some flexibility of where to put the caption and set the text based on filename, filedate, etc.

It must exist.. if it doesn't one of us needs to make it quickly.

I do already have some code for adding captions to images and autosizing text for it, etc.  so if we don't find anything good perhaps ill make it.

John Alaska:
Thanks Miles. I'll definitely check that out, but what Mouser suggested (A simple easy to use utility that can batch add captions to images, with some flexibility of where to put the caption and set the text based on filename, filedate, etc.) would be the hot tip.

JavaJones:
It does exist and it's called XnView, the world's greatest (free) image viewer and converter. :D
http://www.xnview.com

Once installed just go to Tools -> Batch Processing (Ctrl - U), add your folder of images on the first tab, then go to the Transformations tab, under Image double-click Add Text, then on the right where you see Parameters, click the button with two arrows >> and select Filename (or whatever other info you choose). You can then specify text color and background color, font, and positioning. You will probably want to experiment with one or a couple images to find the ideal combo, then once you do you can apply it to all of them.

XnView is great. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version