ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's living in your taskbar notification area right now?

<< < (9/17) > >>

Deozaan:

* Join.me (can't figure out how to disable launch on startup)-Deozaan (July 22, 2015, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run -> join.me.launcher

Of course, whenever you use it, it adds it back :(
-wraith808 (July 23, 2015, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 10 Task Manager has a new Startup tab where you can see and enable/disable your startup items. Nice!

4wd:
Windows 10 Task Manager has a new Startup tab where you can see and enable/disable your startup items. Nice!
-Deozaan (August 08, 2015, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

That appeared in Windows 8.

There's also the Last BIOS time indicator, (in Win8 anyway), which displays how long it took from pushing the power button to displaying the Windows loading screen, (for those interested in that kind of thing):

SuperUser Q&A about it.

Curt:
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I didn't quite know how to answer your various comments and questions to my ugly taskbar / notification area, because right after posting "Reply #31", I installed Stardock Start10, but in my setup it really looks the same as Win 10 (but without the errors), so only a few would ever notice the difference... But it's still not pretty (here on top of a black wallpaper):

With Start10:

At the moment my clipboard is Clipdiary from Softvoile.

Deozaan:
-Deozaan (August 08, 2015, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

That appeared in Windows 8.-4wd (August 09, 2015, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool. I've never used Windows 8, so I didn't know that. :Thmbsup:

FYI, I don't see anything about a Last BIOS time in Windows 10, so that may not have survived.

4wd:
FYI, I don't see anything about a Last BIOS time in Windows 10, so that may not have survived.-Deozaan (August 09, 2015, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's specific system requirements that need to be available before it shows up from what I gather, one of them seems to be a UEFI BIOS.

The only system running W10 atm is my netbook which, like yours, is too old for UEFI, as such it doesn't show the Last BIOS time info.
My main system is still W8.1 but has a UEFI BIOS so that's where the screenshot came from, so as yet I can't precisely tell you if it occurs in W10 or not.

There may be other requirements, eg. someone mentioned GPT formatted HDD, mine are all MBR so that appears to be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version