topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Argument for overwriting previous captures with Mini Cap  (Read 2859 times)

screenshots

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I want to use Mini Cap to take many consecutive screenshots, and continually save the new image with the same file name, automatically overwriting the old file of the previously taken screenshot. The screenshots will be triggered on a continual basis by an external program. There should be no Windows message warning I am about to overwrite; just a new screenshot as often as I want to, to the same folder, there being no more than one image file in that folder at a time. What argument would I use, and can someone give a complete command line example using the aforementioned argument, capturing a given segment of screen while silently overwriting the previous capture? Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Argument for overwriting previous captures with Mini Cap
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:10 PM »
i just went to look at the minicap page to find the argument to tell it to overwrite an existing file, and couldn't find one!  Maybe it's already there but not documented..
can't believe no one has requested it before now.

regardless, i will add the feature this week and post an update.

i'll add an option that will let you overwrite an existing file, and maybe an option to rename previous file with time_date and then save new one with the specified name.

screenshots

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Argument for overwriting previous captures with Mini Cap
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Thanks for a quick reply; that will be most helpful!