ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Nightly Builds : Windows

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I have been using the 32 bit Firefox Nightly Build for Windows for a few days.  So far everything works fine.  So this morning I figured what the hell and installed the x64 version.  So far so good.

It picks up all the bookmarks and extensions from an installed Firefox if you already have one.  It installs in the folder Nightly and can be removed without hosing your stable FF installation.

The difference I see when loading tabs in the x64 version I get a tiny spinning wheel until the page fills in, rather than the one about an inch in diameter the 32 bit was using.  It seems to fill in tabs a bit faster than the 32 bit also.

I haven't noticed any extensions not working or anything unusual.

dantheman:
Latest 39 stable is doing good for me.
Don't dabb with betas or nightly versions of FF anymore.
Besides, this fast release cycle hasn't really been doing anything more than frustrating faithful FF users.
Recent Pocket and Hello are a perfect example of Mozilla that no longer seems to know what to do to get back its lost users to Google Chrome. First Australis... then down hill...

MilesAhead:
Latest 39 stable is doing good for me.
-dantheman (July 13, 2015, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't be looking around if flash wasn't hogging the machine.  Although this x64 build is the smoothest x64 that said "Firefox" on it that I have tried so far.  It seems just as solid as 39.0 32 bit.

dantheman:
"Flash issues" you say?
Having just re-installed my laptop, can't say i've noticed any particular hic with stable.

Have been testing Vivaldi's latest and i find it pretty good.
Still not ready for the road, but it sure looks promising!
More than Windows 10 Edge which won't even have extensions support by official release date of July 29.

Might give that Nightly Build a spin.
If my computer breaks, it's all your fault MilesAhead!  :P

dantheman:
@MilesAhead,

You may be right! I may be wrong! (sounds like words for a song).  :D
Nightly 64bit seems to be much perkier than what i would expect.
Don't know if it's the new default tab look, but i do like to see them compacted.
This version doesn't like (incompatible with) my default theme FT DeepDark, neither does it like Bing extension (wonder why?), and it told me that Diigo extension might slow it down.

Not bad! 3 out of 24!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version