topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Text Modification Issues Updating - question/issue/bug  (Read 3154 times)

AEngineer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • James E. Mitchell - Drexel University
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Text Modification Issues Updating - question/issue/bug
« on: July 11, 2015, 10:21 AM »
I believe CHS (2.29.0) has a minor, but annoying bug.

One thing I typically like to do is remove all blank lines from a clip.  I found that "Trimming and Wrapping"  with "extra lines" and "even between par" does exactly what I want - hooray.
I see in the preview that it looks the way I want and click accept.
I then immediately use Ctrl-Alt-Q to bring up the dialog and paste that item.  It pastes in the original form rather than in the form with line breaks removed.  Bad

If, however, I copy something else into the clipboard between cleaning up my text then what pastes is cleaned up.

BTW - Clipmate has long been my invaluable assistant, but so far (first day) it appears Mouser has performed his usual magic with CHS.  It caused me to donate again.
Jim Mitchell

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: Text Modification Issues Updating - question/issue/bug
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 10:43 AM »
Glad to hear you are liking it!!

That sounds like a bug, let me try to investigate what might be happening..

Having said that, I have a much easier workflow for you if you are doing this often:

Go to the Modify Format dialog as you are doing, and SAVE your settings as a preset, and give it a nice name, like "Remove Blanks".
Ok now copy your clip to the clipboard, and go to where you want to paste it, and hit Ctrl+Alt+Q to bring up quick paste menu,
then hit T for "Formatting Presets" submenu, and choose your saved preset "Remove Blanks", and it should do the action and then paste it in your target app.

Notes:
1. This won't change the clip in CHS
2. This can also be used to change text in place -- so you can go to your text editor, select some text, and then do Ctrl+Alt+Q and select the transformation and it will first copy the clip, then transform it, then paste it over original.  This is the fastest way to change text in place.

AEngineer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • James E. Mitchell - Drexel University
    • Donate to Member
Re: Text Modification Issues Updating - question/issue/bug
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 10:48 AM »
OK.  Again, thanks!
Jim Mitchell